Snacks that are filling

Options
Hi! Just started yesterday and starting to think about snacks that I can bring to work that won't use up too many of my calories.
I came home yesterday SO HUNGRY after only a small turkey on peppridge farm white bread sandwich and a banana.
Or perhaps I just need a more filling lunch to bring.
What gets you through your work day? Easy to pack items a plus :)
Thanks!!

Replies

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    My go to afternoon snack is plain Fage 2% yogurt or cottage cheese and some fresh berries, usually blueberries or raspberries. Lots of protein that keeps me satisfied. Sometimes I add a dab of honey.

I agree with the above that protein (and some fat) definitely helps keep me satisfied more than carbs.
  • babysladkaya
    babysladkaya Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My favorite snacks are:
    12 dry roasted almonds with a full sliced apple
    1 oz of smoked salmon with 1/2 of avocado
    1/2 cup cottage cheese with blueberry or raspberry
    4 finn crisp crackers with 2 wedges of Laughing cow cheese
    I also space these out during the day. Here is how my typical menu looks like and I am staying under my daily limit of 1,200 calories, and not using exercise calories:
    Breakfast: 2 eggs, either hard boiled or scrambled into an omelet, slice of American cheese on the omelet, Coffee with fat free milk, no sugar.
    Morning snack: almonds and apple
    Lunch: Salad with arugula, tomato, onion, cucumber, and 4 oz lean protein.
    Afternoon snack: Finn crisp with laughing cow or smoked salmon with avocado or cottage cheese with berries.
    No dinner, so all the meals take place between 9-5. I am not consciously doing the intermittent fasting, but it worked out this way and has been working for me so far. I have a very long way to go, but I am 1/10 of the journey today so it does not seem so bad.
  • BasedGawd412
    BasedGawd412 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I've found popcorn to be very fulfilling. I forgot the name of the brand I buy but it's only 110 calories per a bag popped.
  • ginjennie
    ginjennie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    For me bananas, eggs and yoghurt I find filling. At work I like to eat fruit I can pick at like grapes, blueberries etc.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    My go to afternoon snack is plain Fage 2% yogurt or cottage cheese and some fresh berries, usually blueberries or raspberries. Lots of protein that keeps me satisfied. Sometimes I add a dab of honey.

I agree with the above that protein (and some fat) definitely helps keep me satisfied more than carbs.

This is exactly what I have, Fage 2% with berries. I add cinnamon and dip my strawberries in it, then add blueberries.
  • alondrakar
    alondrakar Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Fruits!