Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Exercise Calories. To use or not to use???

I have been doing a lot of walking. Trying to get over 15000 steps a day. When you are given calories through exercise should I be using some of those or ignoring them. I have been at least 2000 calories below my daily allowance plus those earned by walking...... will my body go into starvation mode as I don’t really lose anything even though eating well and exercising. PLEASE HELP!!

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,104 Member
    If you used mfp to set your goal then you are supposed to log exercise and eat back the calories it gives you. If you have a tracker linked to mfp then you should eat back the adjustment calories. Starvation mode isn't really a thing. Under eating won't cause you to not lose weight. It can cause lots of health issues though.
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    If you used mfp to set your goal then you are supposed to log exercise and eat back the calories it gives you. If you have a tracker linked to mfp then you should eat back the adjustment calories. Starvation mode isn't really a thing. Under eating won't cause you to not lose weight. It can cause lots of health issues though.

Exactly this