Keeping it going

Options
I always get to a certain point where I’ve almost met my goal, and then I lose total interest... I’m really making an effort to not let that happen this time. I welcome any suggestions.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    Buy some nice clothes in your goal size and hang them on your bedroom wall.

Put a picture of yourself at your highest weight on your refrigerator.

Join an active group in real life, whether it's being a coach or learning to play tennis or joining a bike club.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Is this the law of diminishing returns at work? We all start out for a reason. I had a fairly long list. But my back and knees quit hurting about a half way to goal. My blood pressure went down. I was working hard at the gym. But that was only at about the 2/3 point. Is something like that going on with you?

In the end I made a point of getting to goal because it was my goal. No matter how many weight loss rewards I had reaped, I still had that nagging voice. I hadn’t closed the deal.

Summon some determination and get there. Determination is what sees a project through to completion. Its the only way out.
  • laceygaywilson
    laceygaywilson Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I am at the same point!! I want to crush my next level goal!!! Just gonna dig in!! Move more and eat right!!! I've had a nice rest and I'm ready to press towards the summit!!! I wanna see my body do things it never has!! I wanna be my strongest fastest leanest self!!! I'm gonna hit the next step!! 150lbs-run 3 miles in 30 mins- bike 5 miles in 30 mins- finish my 30 day fit challenge all the way through HARD-90 mins yoga!!!! This is what I wanna do!!!!! KEEP IT GOING!!!! THATS MY NEW MANTRA!!! WOO WOO WE GONNA DO THIS!!!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I used to do that all the time.. lose and start looking good..then almost purposely sabotage myself. Or, it seemed that way. I finally broke the cycle this last time and lost everything. .. I can't say exactly why.

I think dieting and getting fit was a big part of my life. If I got to my goal, I'd have to fill that part of my life with other things that needed done. I think regaining and staying in the diet cycle was an excuse for me not to move on with work goals and life goals.

When I realized that.. I made a change .. now I'm at my goal..and I work to maintain.. but I put that diet obsession energy into my business and personal travels and life goals now..

I have a better all around balanced life. It isn't always just about trying to reach a number on the scale. .