how to explain a bulk to someone..

Options
2»

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I just say that all the working out when you were losing weight revved your metabolism up so much that you'd get too skinny if you didn't eat this much. People love that sort of explanation. Honestly, it works for me with my family.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I just say that all the working out when you were losing weight revved your metabolism up so much that you'd get too skinny if you didn't eat this much. People love that sort of explanation. Honestly, it works for me with my family.

^this
    I used to just tell people I am fueling my exercise, eating to perform.

^this....
    simply say you're weight lifting and need the energy now....

aaaaaaaaaand this^.

I find the simplest one liners work best with the general public. Especially vague stuff that hints at something they already know and then leaves enough ambiguity or space to leave them thinking and give you time to make a clean getaway.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options

That's a much better way of saying what I said above.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    You tell them you are trying to get big and strong so you are not an out of shape weakling.

Then you slowly scan them up and down and continue eating.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I find that not telling anyone what I do in terms of fitness to be helpful in avoiding these conversations.

Examples:

Question: Do you work out?

Answer: Not really.

Question: Hey, have you lost weight?

Answer: Not really.

Question: What do you do for exercise?

Answer: Not much.

The point is that unless the other person has an obvious and actual interest in fitness and exercise, and we have a common interest in terms of what we do, then I don't want to have this conversation with them. No good ever comes of it.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I would probably just resort to self depracating humor and be done with it. Then when you are yolked throw said person out of a window or something.
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Be interested to hear you experiences with creatine, ive not used it for years but did used to swear by it (along with a bunch of other supps) but don't really bother with anything more than whey, omega 3 and multi vits these days.

creatine is one of the very few supplements proven to do its intended job. Its well worth taking.. you can buy 6 months worth for as little as $15 / £10