Gaining and Toning!!

So I’m such a newbie at the gym and I’m already skinny. I just want to add more weight and tone myself. I’m aiming more for my butt, and stomach. Although I know, I will work out everything I’m just confused on putting a rountie together. Less cardio, more cardio, more legs days etc. Anything will help!

Replies

• jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Strong curves or strong lifts from the sticky is a good program to start with
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 622 Member
    Yep, find a routine and stick with it for at least 2 months. A 3 day split plus one day for cardio is fine for starting out.
  • dpandolfo0928
    dpandolfo0928 Posts: 13 Member
    There are two main schools of thought but I will talk about what I do, although this takes alot of commitment. So I basically break my workouts up into weights then cardio. Always do weights first. Not going to get into the science but believe me more results. So start with 4 days a week breaking the workout down into 1. Chest/Triceps 2. Back biceps 3. Legs 4. Shoulders. What you actually do on those days are up to you. I can get go in deep if you like but thats just a starter.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    I'm of the none to minimal cardio camp - well - I do cardio for fun with stuff I like to do such as swimming once a week or hiking or whatever, but not dedicated cardio time. I do walk ~10K steps a day though.

However, cardio IS good for your overall health. I just find it boring unless it's fun cardio.

Now - as stated above - follow a program. By what you said, sounds like one of those Get Glutes or Strong Curves or whatever will be perfect for you. Go Google Bret Contreras the "Glute Guy" and also Coach Mark Carroll - they have stuff you will probably benefit from if that kind of thing is your goal.

And most of all - enjoy the process!!! :)