What does your username mean?

Options

Replies

• HSDHPL
    HSDHPL Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's an acronym of one of my favorite lyrics "How senseless death, How precious life"
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Back in high school, I ended up stage managing all three shows one semester. We called our grips stage gnomes, and so a friend of mine dubbed me Lord Grimendale, King of the Stage Gnomes. I use it pretty much everywhere since I know it won't be taken (and it if it is, I have a login I forgot about).
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    loosely translated, it means: ' The Goats Are Dying'
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    It’s just a bit of joking cockiness.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    It’s just a bit of joking cockiness.

what?

a joke ?

Drat....

I was kinda counting on it.
  • ma75calx2
    ma75calx2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have had ma75cal as a email since the AOL dial up days.. surprisingly enough ma75cal was taken. ma because I'm a mom.. 75 year of birth.. cal, I live in California.
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    ummmm, think it's pretty self-explanatory.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    PWRLFTR1 wrote: »

Yeah, but only to people who don't need vowels to understand words. But why the 1?
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    I love nature. I have a BSc in Zoology, so I believe in using the Latin names for things. My user name is the species name of the prettiest tarantula (in my opinion) - Avicularia versicolor. But I had to add the "u" because that's just how we spell colour, is it not? Yes, it is. Don't argue with me and most of the world 😜

So absolutely cool😊
    And yes, that IS how you spell colour. Lol. Say sayeth the Canadians 🤣
  • forestfreek
    Options
    "Don't cry, shopgirl"

Name that movie ;-)

Plus I'm always hungry.

Lol I admit I had to google the quote. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen that movie 😁
    And I hear you - I’m always hungry too 😜
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

Yeah, but only to people who don't need vowels to understand words. But why the 1?

Cuz I always place 1st in my division, never mind the fact that I'm usually the only 1. ;)
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options

Cuz I always place 1st in my division, never mind the fact that I'm usually the one 1. ;)

😜
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    "Jet Jaguar" was a robot from the movie "Godzilla vs. Megalon". I first used it on the MST3K Usenet newsgroups back in the 90's, then started using it in other places so people I knew from the newsgroups would recognize me. It's been my standard online handle ever since.
  • forestfreek
    Options
    I was THS2SHALLPASS because I was diagnosed with intestinal cancer. Once I got past it and cancer free I changed to my current username..
    Amazing. Congratulations and cheers to your good health 😊💜

• styll_me
    styll_me Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Officially, it's what we call the little netted body scrubbers you use in the shower in my house. I needed a name that I knew wouldn't be taken. So here I am.
    We call it a scrubby but I like floofyschmoofer better!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I am of Norwegian descent and have some anger issues. Heh.
  • JeBeBu
    JeBeBu Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I wish that I had an interest story like so many others, but really it is just the first 2 letters of my first, middle and last name.