Options
zarinzafarchowdhury
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hey guys!!

I want to get on a 40/30/30 diet.. and this is what my daily menu looks like

4 tablespoon 58grams of oatmeal+ 4 egg whites- breakfast

2 slice whole wheat bread+4 egg whites or fish- lunch

Fish or Chicken Breast+ green salad- dinner

What do you guys think? i could use all the help i can get since i am new!!

Replies

• Kate_Brown_123
    Kate_Brown_123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I think that you need more fruit and veg otherwise your nutrient and mineral intake will be too low, unless you are are taking a multivitamin supplement?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    that isnt much food?

and i agree with the fruit and veg comment. also, the egg yolk is the best part, with all the good stuff in... why arent you eating it!?
  • GFH8
    GFH8 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I Agree with the others your intake of fruit and vegs is far to low.

If like my partner your not a lover of the green stuff try juicing or smoothies as its easier than trying to chop down on the things you dont like.

hope that helps :)
  • togmo
    togmo Posts: 257
    Options
    I can't see how you are going to get 40/30/30 with that diet but first and foremost it looks like far too little food. I don't know anything about you but assuming you aren't a 'height challenged' individual who is rake thin I think you will need more food to avoid starvation.

Your food is also carbs and proteins, your fat intake must be really low. You really need those egg yolks to even come close I would think to achieving 30% of your calories from fat and I would think a healthy tablespoon of oil with your chicken might help too.

As everyone says you need more fruit (some fruit full stop) and veg. I would probably throw in some cheese or something dairy related too which I find is a good source of both fats and proteins, fats which it looks like you really need and proteins which are hard to overdo.

Just my two cents anyway...
This discussion has been closed.