Summer Weekend Challenges

Options
We go to our cabin many summer weekends with friends and /or grandkids. The kids are starving all day and snack, guests bring treats, drinks, desserts and I am struggling. I plan and track but still eat too much and then recover during the week. I’m near goal but will have this issue all summer. Many folks gain in the winter,but summer is my challenge. Help!

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Do you have your own snacks that you can eat that would help you stay in your deficit? Are there activities you can do to keep you active? Going for walks or kayaking or whatnot?
  • jmb6739
    jmb6739 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have the same exact issue with lake house weekends. I've started to do the grocery shopping, so we still have all the treats for the family, but plenty of choices for me. Luckily we are a huge veggie family, so instead of burgers or brats, I can just have my brother grill a chicken breast for me, and then we have our standard grilled veggies. I just have to avoid the chips and the desserts. I did find some Italian Ice in the ice cream section, so if I really want ice cream with the family, I can have that. But it is REALLY hard to avoid the coffee cakes and what not. I tend to volunteer to make breakfast so I can do an omelette bar at least one morning and make myself egg whites and veggies. Now avoiding the wine, that I am not good at.....
  • rondajones2003
    rondajones2003 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yep, I agree that is a hard time to resist. I have found bringing my own modified snacks helps as well as having lots of fruits and veggies already prepped so easy to grab. And then building in the space for a treat so not to fill totally deprived either. Also sharing with my family and friends so they try to be supportive and not bring as much treats and chips. Good luck and have fun enjoying the sunshine, laughing with family and fiends, and just relaxing this summer