Help! I’m addicted to crisps!!! 😫

Options
2»

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,717 Member
    Options
    Another fat free substitute for a crunchy, starchy, salty snack is air popped popcorn. I don't need to use any oil to make popcorn in a stone or ceramic lined sauce pan, which are the 2nd generation non stick coatings. I sprinkle afterwrds with soy sauce for a fat free salty hit. You need so little soy sauce that it doesn't make the popcorn turn to mush. Once there is a little something moistening the popcorn you can get other fat free flavorings to stick, such as furikake, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, ranch dressing powder.

I've heard you can air pop corn in a paper bag in a microwave as well, but I have never tried this myself.
  • sefajane1
    sefajane1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    sefajane1 wrote: »
    nooboots wrote: »
    sefajane1 wrote: »
    Can't you just factor them in to your daily calorie allowance?

I dont know about the OP but if you just cant stop eating them, then you could easily work your way through a bag for about 1500 calories which doesnt really leave a lot of room.

1500 calories per bag! What size bags are they? We have 130-150g bags at around 500 calories / 100g so, maximum of 750 calories. If, like the OP, you know you like crisps in the evening then just set aside some calories (maybe 150-200) for them and portion that amount out into a bowl or plate.

I've eaten next to nothing (daily) over the years (ex ED) but still managed to fit some crisps into my calories 😊

Some people have trouble moderating certain food. Why do you continue to tell her to moderate when she's said it is a trigger food?

She said she goes back for two or three bags.

If moderating works for you - well, good for you. :flowerforyou:

Well if you know you're going to eat them anyway but feel bad about it afterwards, it makes sense to me to "allow" yourself them then maybe they won't have so much of a pull. If I had a "trigger food" but knew that I could eat it, guilt free, every day, then maybe it wouldn't be a trigger food 🤔

If the OP is eating 2/3 bags a night then I presume they are tbe 25-28g size. Easily factored in to daiky calories IMO.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,081 Member
    Options
    yes it makes sense to moderators to feel that way.

It isnt a way that works for everyone though.

I think people who have real difficulty moderating certain foods are better off restricting their access to the food - buying individual packets one at a time, not keeping the food in the house etc.

Having the food there and allowing yourself portioned amounts doesnt work for everyone.
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    make some kale chips with salt on? They work.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I love crisps as well but I only eat the following ones and have no more than one packet a day:

Sunbites Sweet Chilli/Sour Cream & Pepper/Honey Glazed BBQ/Cheddar & Caramelised Onion: Each 25g bag has approx 120kcal

Skips 13.1g Multipack bag: Approx 71kcal

Walkers Baked/Baked Fusions Crisps: Approx 109kcal per 25g bag

For my sweet tooth I have Metcalfes Cinema Sweet Skinny Popcorn: 53kcal per 11g bag

If you find yourself going back for more you could maybe take one packet and ask someone at home to hide the rest from you