Buy elliptical or join a gym

Options
2»

Replies

• floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I bought one and I used it approximately 11 times, diligently. Then it worked great as a place to hang clothes that were in my way. I gave it away. If you'll USE it, go for it.

I deal with some wicked anxiety but we joined Planet Fitness a couple weeks ago-- I got the black card, which just means you can go to any club and have access to massage chairs and tanning-- so it's $22 a month and I can say with certainty that not a single person is paying attention to me. I like the options that having a gym membership gives me. Some days I just walk the treadmill for a while, some days I do the 30 minute express cardio/strength circuit and torture myself on the StairMaster. Sometimes I float around to the weight machines and then cruise on a bike. I get tunnel vision once I get focused, and it's actually been inspiring to be surrounded by people with the same or similar goal in mind-- Get in, get your workout in, and get out. Everyone has actually been really nice that I've interacted with. It's definitely worth it. To me, it motivates me. You just have to decide what option will motivate you.