Postpartum weight loss and getting fit

Hey,

I am looking for a similar type person as an accountability partner. I just want one person to check in with.

I have about a 5-10 lb weight loss I want to accomplish and somebody to help motivate and keep me accountable. I use Garmin connect and MFP. I'm almost 30 yrs old.
My focus is to be healthy and stop binging when I give myself the green light..

I am a stay at home mom with a 3yr old and a 5 month old. So I stay busy and just need someone to keep up with so I stop stuffing my face with ice cream!

I keep yo-yoing on the scale but lately the numbers are going up! Its frustrating.

I'm a positive person and would love to help support someone else and check in with them every day.

My ideal person would be a similar aged mom.

Replies

• bionicpuffy
    bionicpuffy Posts: 93 Member
    i'm a bit older than you (almost 40), but I have a similar amount of weight to lose and I just had my 2nd baby 2 mos ago. If you're interested, send me a private message.
  • CassLaBaraque
    CassLaBaraque Posts: 4 Member
    Hi there,

I'm 32 and have a 10 month old. I'm back to work, and would like to shed 5-10 lbs for my upcoming wedding (in September). I bought my wedding dress 2 years ago (we were supposed to get married before we had the baby, but my in-laws booked a 2-month-long trip right around the planned wedding date and told us just before we booked the venue... so we decided to postpone, but we didn't want to wait any longer to get pregnant so here we are ;) we have a wonderful daughter and a wedding dress that is slightly too tight!
    The thing is I was borderline underweight when I bought the dress. My fiancé was living abroad, and I was depressed and lacked appetite. I also had lots of time to sweat my feelings off at the gym, so I was also super fit! Now I am at a healthy weight, wouldn't loose any if it weren't for the wedding. I am feeling kinda stupid! But I really need to fit into that dress (don't wanna buy another one as my man keeps nagging me for buying it so early, and I want to prove him wrong). It's a really bad reason to loose weight and I am not extremely motivated. I've always told myself I wouldn't be one of those brides but here I am. Also I'll really need to freaking starve myself in order to loose that amount. As soon as I indulge in a somewhat normal meal, my day is ruined. So as you see I'm not starting off on a very optimistic note ;) But I'm always up for a challenge and I think it would help to be accountable to someone! (especially someone who doesn't know me personally and won't be horrified by my goal XD) In the end the main goal is to cut the crap food, eat cleaner and get a bit of exercise.

Anyhow, I also struggled with bad eating habits until I realized the baby weight wasn't going away. Like having 3 breakfasts, eating tons of desserts, and the daily glass of wine when baby was asleep and I knew I wouldn't nurse for the next 3-4 hours... I started logging my food here a couple of weeks ago and it really helped me keep a check on what I eat and go back to healthier habits. Also, I advice going grocery shopping with a full stomach, it really helps not being tempted by the ice cream :) I just avoid this aisle altogether. I buy only healthy, filling foods so when I have a craving I only have healthy stuff to eat at home/work.

I understand your struggles. For me the worst was when I was home with baby and bored senseless, I'd always open the fridge and snack.

Is there any physical activity you could do with the kids in your area? In my city there is an outdoor cardio program designed especially for mom+baby (and the stroller) which is a great way to get your cardio done, meet other moms, while keeping baby with you.

So I'd happily check in with you on a regular basis :) I log in almost everyday.

Cheers :)