Plateau followed by a nice drop?

OAS5
OAS5 Posts: 376 Member
I have lost almost 70 pounds eating right of course, exercise and using this app. I hit a plateau from hell for about 3 weeks. I was stuck between 205-206 for just about 3 weeks to the point I was getting annoyed. All of a sudden this week I'm down almost two pounds to 203.2. That is normal right? I just broke out of my plateau right? My goal 80 pounds, maybe 85 so I am very close. Close enough I can taste it. Thanks for any help or info.

Replies

• eb8566
    eb8566 Posts: 249 Member
    This started for me last month as I am close to my goal. I have gone exactly ten days twice in stall and then drop. On another one now on day 7. The drops at the end are fun but tough to stay motivated sometimes in between.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    It’s normal. As you get closer to your goal, expect that to happen regularly. Sometimes it may be 4-6 weeks before the scale goes down. Make sure you’re logging accurately and consistently, weighing all solid food, and the weight will come off.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
    @Cavallaro65 - three cheers for you remaining steadfast during that frustrating hiccup in your fitness, health and wellness journey. Keep marching forward!
  • OAS5
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Completely normal for me. That’s why it’s soooo important to stick with your plan even when you don’t see immediate changes on the scale. Good job!!

Yes you are SO right! Every time I get into what I think of as a "rut", I say just plow through it, keep sticking to the plan. Funny you mention that. I call it, will myself right through this. Thank you for the post and kind words. This has been some crazy ride.
  • ms_maruska
    ms_maruska Posts: 119 Member
    That's awesome weight loss, congrats!

Like some have already said, I too find this to be normal weight loss with me. Nothing for 2 and a half or 3 weeks and then I suddenly "lose" 2 or 2,5 kilos overnight. But still turns out as planned on a monthly average - about a kg per week.

Cheers! :smile:
  • OAS5
    That's awesome weight loss, congrats!

Like some have already said, I too find this to be normal weight loss with me. Nothing for 2 and a half or 3 weeks and then I suddenly "lose" 2 or 2,5 kilos overnight. But still turns out as planned on a monthly average - about a kg per week.

Cheers! :smile:

Thanks, I guess I should expect this going forward with being so close to my goal. I would have NEVER believed in something called the "woosh" before now, but I do now. Its kinda fun to me. At least that nice drop was.
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 479 Member
    I had a 10 pound swing over a week, after a 3 week plateau (and actual gain). Weight stayed at 208 for a week, went up from 208 to 212 for 2 weeks, and then went down to 202 over a week. The human body is weird. It happens.
  • OAS5
    I had a 10 pound swing over a week, after a 3 week plateau (and actual gain). Weight stayed at 208 for a week, went up from 208 to 212 for 2 weeks, and then went down to 202 over a week. The human body is weird. It happens.

You are not kidding.
  • OAS5
    So I'm guessing I'm on another one of these bounce back and forth then whoosh things. 202.6 and just fluxing between that and 204.8. I guess expect in a few weeks to all of sudden drop. Hopefully a drop under 200. When is the question? 😁
  • AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
    I love to see the plateau fall into a beautiful drop <3
  • OAS5
    AquaMeow wrote: »
    I love to see the plateau fall into a beautiful drop <3

Yeah it's actually pretty cool, I agree. The drop rocks. I nice but fall is pretty fun.
  • OAS5
    So it's so strange the pattern I keep seeing. I see a new weight loss number on the scale and feel great about it but then over the next few days I bounce around between that number and a few pounds up. I guess it's just the new norm after losing 70 pounds.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    yeah i find i trend down/stablilize then often see a blip UP before the next mini drop. it's nice when you can see the blip up and think "yay this means it'll go down).

our weight fluctuates a few pounds or more daily so the daily weigh in are strictly data points. there could be a story behind the data point (ate more salty, ate more startch, exercised more, had alcohol...) but it is a singular datapoint. the key number is your trend over time.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    So question on this water weight issue - if you are person to get freaked out or discouraged by these types of masked weigh ins, could you (if you noticed a stall) go very low carb (keto? ) for like 4 days, drop the water weight, and see where you are at ? Like I k,now the water weight would come back once you return to carbs but it would give you a glimpse of what's going on wouldn't it?