Want big calf muscles

Options
2»

Replies

• wolomike80
    wolomike80 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Today i added more dropsets into my calf workout. Definitely feel a better pump and burn. :D<3 Try training calves 3-4 days a week.

(Difficulty, tuff) When doing my dropsets i started with a very heavy weight reaching muscle failure between 8-12 reps, drop the weight and did another 8-12 reps, drop the weight 12-16 reps, drop the weight 15-20 reps.

(Difficulty, hard) Some drop sets i did 8-12 reps, 8-12 reps, 8-12 reps, 20+ reps.

(Difficulty, medium) Other dropsets i did 20+ reps, 15+ reps, 10+ reps, 5+ reps.

(Difficulty, medium) Sometimes i stuck with a fixed rep range (for example 15 reps) i choose a weights that ill reach complete muscle failure about 15 reps (12-18 reps range). I drop the weight to a weight that ill reach between the targeted rep range. Sometimes by the time i get to the 4th drop the weight i selected was very light but due to muscle fatigue it felt very heavy.

To burn out calves you can do the following at the end of the calf workout for 10-40 minutes.
    *Jump Rope
    *Stepper
    *Stairmaster
    * Uphill Sprinting
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    I purposely skip calf training so I can wear tighter knee sleeves.

All the calf development I have is from skateboarding.

Skate or die (small).
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I purposely skip calf training so I can wear tighter knee sleeves.

All the calf development I have is from skateboarding.

Skate or die (small).
    I agree.
    I already have a full workout just getting one sleeve on, why would I want to fight even more.