Detox teas - good radio program warning against.

Options
I have just been listening to a fascinating radio program about “detox teas” and one woman’s quest to get these regulated / banned. It also covers some of the ill effects of them, the fact they don’t work and some of the dodgy marketing practices associated with them.

I know every so often people pop up here asking for advice on wether to use them or not. This might help add some more weight to the “don’t bother” chorus that (rightly) goes up.

If you want to hear it yourself and you’re UK based it was on Radio 4 today at 11am and was called “My name is.... Emma”. It’s available on iPlayer and BBC sounds.
I tried to post a link earlier but my post vanished so I assume that’s not allowed.

Replies

• Chelle8070
    Chelle8070 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I follow a group of women at a company called Constantly Varied Gear - they definitely encourage you to not purchase anything "detox" and/or most diet pills.

They all use triggering marketing words to target vulnerable people who know they want to lose weight/improve help.

I'm so very grateful for those people who teach us the marketing ploys.

These women do NOT sell supplements/pills/teas - they sell workout clothing, programming and encourage us to eat real food. I love them :)