Calling all desk jobs workers...

Options
2»

Replies

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Office job here. Not low carb though. I eat every 2-3 hours all day long. I pack all of my food the night before and concentrate on protein rich foods or high volume/low calorie foods. I do not eat many catered lunches or any snacks people bring in to share. It works for me.
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to add any office workers that will do a low carb high protein diet with me. I work in customer service and it's hard not munching at work all day😓 I have a 40 pound goal

I work in an office and I've lost 30 lbs on a cut since February. It's totally possible with meal prep. However the constant presence of food for birthdays, etc, is definitely difficult to have to deal with.
  • tanishadw
    tanishadw Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Keto desk worker here - I find that drinking water all morning until lunch instead of grabbing snacks eases my hunger in general, but also reduces my appetite all afternoon because my belly is so full of water.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I’m an office worker. I’m following a Keto Diet. i also practice IF so don’t actually eat during the day at all. And I have 90lbs to lose.
  • Ffiffion
    Ffiffion Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have worked a desk job for a few years and probably will do for the rest of my life. I have started to add more protein to my diet like cottage cheese and it seems to keep me full for longer. One thing I have done more of is drink water and even though I go to pee more, it also means I get off my bum more as the toilets are down the corridor and the water taps/kettles for drinks are upstairs. Also, I take the bus to work and I am working on getting faster at walking to and from them and seeing how long it takes me (bus stop for work is a 7 minute walk and have done it in 5 once but it was raining) and if I end up slightly breathless by the time I reach the stop, then I know I have done more than I did the day before.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    I find that being sufficiently busy with work curbs the urge to snack, though I do keep some small, low-calorie snacks at work just in case and always plan for a piece of fruit midafternoon.

On days where I'm doing something really tedious, though, it's just difficult. Sometimes nipping out for a five-minute walk helps a bit, but of course it's not always practical. Or pleasant. (She says, looking out of the window at the drizzle)