honest opinions please... even if its brutal

Options

Replies

• LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I am the same height as you are and I think that 110 is to tiny.
    149 means you are no longer overweight. I would suggest adding about 10-15 pounds on. Be in the 120-130s. But that is me personally.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,408 Member
    Options
    I think it is how you feel...and if you are healthy. I think you look fine. But don't lose any more. Then I think you have some image and issues that need to be addressed. You can go the other extreme and become obsessed with weight loss. Know when enough is enough.
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    You look perfectly healthy. But the important question is, is this weight easily maintainable for you? Is your family concerned because you're showing ED issues?
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    you look fine.

the BMI is just a tool, its based on averages, it doesn't actually diagnose anyone with being underweight. 110 lbs for you might be normal, for someone else it's underweight, even if you are the same height.

But honestly, how you look is probably not your biggest concern right now. Its ED. I understand you are recovering, keep up the good work! just work on staying healthy.
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Its tough to say if you are "too thin" based on the 1 photo you have up. I will say that your family, the ones that see you everyday, and know your struggles, are probably better equipped to assess this than we are.

I know your focus was mainly to get other's opinions, but realistically, we can't make that call for you. If you are still speaking with someone about your ED, raise the question next time you meet. If you are no longer seeing a professional, then perhaps you can go in for a consult with your last one and talk it over with them.

Above all else, please remember how far you've come and that your health should be your main concern.

Good luck.
  • leadiax3
    leadiax3 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted to be little. I finally am. I can lift more than ever and run faster than ever. I am happy but preps telling me im too small confuse me! I wouldnt mind more muscle though... Maybe i should lift heavier???
  • leadiax3
    leadiax3 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Thanx so much! By the way ur waist line is perfect.
  • liana__x
    liana__x Posts: 90
    Options
    As long as you're healthy then all is well, however, I think you look fine.

I wish I had your body! :-(
  • bluefish49
    bluefish49 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My (adopted) daughter is small, and when she was in the Army there was one point in her tour where the Army made her gain weight to make the minimum weight standard.

Here is a link to their chart for weight ranges proportional to age and height.

http://usarmybasic.com/army-physical-fitness/army-height-weight-standards

According to that chart, you are only 4 pounds short of minimum weight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt mind more muscle though... Maybe i should lift heavier???

you need to be eating in a surplus to gain muscle
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    JUST looking at your pic..

You are skinny, but you look good! I wouldnt look at you and think "Omg, that girl needs to gain weight!"

With that being said, how do you feel? Got lots of energy? Happy? Then thats all that matters =)
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    oh hell no! i think you look great! dont even sweat it!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are too thin at all.

I would simply do some heavy lifting and eat slightly more than your maintenance to build some muscle, as was suggested before. Perhaps if you had more lean mass, then your family would view you differently.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Leaving any ED aside...

One of my best school friends was always skinny. She would be downing cream buns and roast dinners and still looked like a bunch of twigs. Fast forward 30 years (scary!!), she is still thinner than me, but age and lots of IVF and other health problems mean she is now within maybe 10lb of my weight (anstead of 20lb under).

Ignoring perceptions based on appearance (which is a matter of taste)...

Are you eating a healthy balanced diet with fish twice a week, (one portion to be oily), lean meat, a variety of fruit and vegetables, whole grains and limited saturated fat?

Are you feeling healthy and well? (You say you can lift and run, so you can't be particularly weak!)

Are you actively limiting your calories to maintain your current slim shape?

If your answers are yes, yes, no then I think you're doing fine. If your answer to the third question is yes, however, i think you still need to be careful to eat enough, especially if you want to increase muscle.

As others have said, make sure you keep your Dr in the loop so they can be aware of your progress - if dr says you're doing OK you can tell your family that!
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I think you look great; just right. How do you feel? If where you are feels good, then go with it. :flowerforyou:
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I think your lower body looks good from the view in your picture. Your shoulders and arms look thin. I think if you worked with a trainer on lifting and ate at a moderate surplus, you could increase your muscle mass a little and just add some definition to your muscles. You are beautiful either way though!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    From your pic you look fine - but you do almost look like a cardboard cut out :smile:
    Unless you have health problems stay the way you are.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Your BMI is 18.3, just on the border of underweight/healthy (not that BMI is an accurate measure, it's just a guide) I think what matters most is how you feel: Are you healthy? Fit? Are you eating well?

Looking at just your main picture, I don't think you look "too" thin, but you are very skinny. You certainly don't need to lose any more.

If you're concerned, you could always eat at a small surplus, focus on lifting and gain a few lbs. You wouldn't be overweight by doing so, and would no doubt gain a bit more definition/shape.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Do you have to starve yourself and struggle to keep the weight that low or are you able to eat and have energy at that weight? If the first, eat more & let the weight level out again, if the 2nd, just enjoy the way you are.
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    You look healthy and athletic. If you feel healthy and have energy then you are just fine where you are at. Any sort of reoccurring headaches is your first warning sign. That would be telling you right there that your body needs something more or different in the diet.