Looking to finally change my life

Options
Regulator730
Regulator730 Posts: 3 Member
edited June 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Hey Everyone!

I've been on and off MFP since college and was never able to keep it up. Now, it's time to stick to it and lose the weight that I've "found" :D . Depression and laziness has plagued me my whole life and I'm finally taking the steps to start bettering myself.

Goals:
- Lose Weight
- Finish a Blacklight 5k run/walk in Sept.
- Beat my previous Half-Marathon time in April.
- Become better

I'd love to have motivation to help me through my journey, so add me if you'd like. I'll definitely return the favor

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I just recently got back on the wagon, as well. Only supercharged: my husband needs to do an elimination diet as he is suffering from chronic pain and inflammation that have so far defied diagnosis, but managed to put a real damper on our recent vacation. I figure it can't hurt me, either, and it is actually easier to cook for two regularly than our old habits.

• giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Be religious about tracking your food intake. Get yourself a food scale, measuring cups and spoons, and make MFP your best friend. Also, be prepared to be ok irritating people by turning down tempting food. I've found that other people are more of roadblock than myself.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your goals!