When will I see weight loss

I’ve went from 181 to 170lbs but I don’t see much of a difference. My stomach still looks the same :(

Replies

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,330 Member
    How are your clothes fitting? My stomach is the last to go.
  • karalynn_10
    karalynn_10 Posts: 5 Member
    I lose weight from my upper body first. My lower stomach is also the absolutely most stubborn about hanging onto weight.

If you aren't taking measurements, you should consider it.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    I've gone from 225 to 193--that's 32lbs lost and I still don't see much difference. I'm also still in the same pants size. It takes time. My clothes are looser but not falling off.
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    I have done 2 bulks and am working on my second cut, and I'm still chasing that 6-pack. Using MFP has made ALL the difference. We have to be patient and keep working away at it. Stomach/lower back fat are the last to go. I'm 147 lbs (5ft8) and it's not totally gone yet.
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    ginnytez wrote: »
    How are your clothes fitting? My stomach is the last to go.

Stomach always seems to be the last to go.
  • StatChicBayes
    StatChicBayes Posts: 349 Member
    I do recommend tracking various body measurements. I lost visible fat from my upper back, legs and arms, but added muscle, so no difference in measurements in forearm, biceps, calf or thigh due to weight training - just look more toned there My biggest losses have been in my hips (9 inches) and waist (6 inches) so I have dropped from needing large pants to mediums after 4 months, but waist measurement dropped slower than hips. Total loss of 33.5 lbs so far and almost at midpoint to goal. My stomach/lower back still have a way to go! Seems like last on last off, as I tend to gain weight in my hips/thighs first!

I use gymaholic for weight training, but you can enter various measurements there for tracking and it will provide a virtual reality image of your body and estimates of body fat based on the measurements of hip, waist, neck and height. (fortunately you can turn switch to "goal" image, as I find that motivates me more :-) There might be other apps that can do that if you don't want all of the other features that gymaholic has for weight training.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Take "before" pictures now so that you can compare with pictures later. Also get someone to help you take "before" measurements to compare later.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Just seconding the photos recommendation. Photos of your body, front-facing and profile, and face photos. You will see a difference I bet, even with 5-10 lb lost.
  • bluesheeponahill
    bluesheeponahill Posts: 169 Member
    Well done on weight loss! it takes time for the body to catch up. Don't give up yet. keep doing what you're doing, providing the issue for you is you're overweight, but if you're already in healthy range it may be difficult to see the differences.

I second photos and measurements. my hips and arms are the slowest to go, but my waist is shrinking at a different rate to everything else.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    I started at 160kg (350lb) and didn't really notice any difference until I was down to about 125kg (275lb) that I really started to see any difference when I looked in the mirror.

Sure I'd seen my clothes getting looser and I was moving in belt notches but those changes, being so gradual, don't get noticed by the eye even if they could be felt. So yeah, about 75 odd pounds before I even started to SEE the difference and even then it wasn't earth-shattering and more a case of 'yeah, I still look the same really just a bit smaller... maybe'

It was probably another 10kg (22lb) before I started to genuinely see a different person looking back at me.

- After 40lb lost clothes started to get loose and I could 'feel' it bit even though I couldn't 'see' it at all.
    - After 75lb lost I could see small changes in the mirror but it overall I still looked the same shape, just noticed that it was slightly less of me.
    - 95-100lb lost I started to genuinely see a different person staring back at me in the mirror.

This isn't to say the changes weren't happening, they obviously were. Only that these were the 'milestones' where I remember seeing each of the changes