Do you find ordering groceries online helps you to not buy "bad" things?

Options
2»

Replies

• Qbaimee
    Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    100% yes for me. last week i spent $47 and if i would’ve gone in that store it would’ve been $147 😄
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I save a lot of money by doing my grocery shopping online. I vary between using my local grocery store and Walmart. My local store is typically my go to for meat and fresh produce. Online shopping has helped me to learn sale patterns, particularly for BOGO offers at my local grocery store, which lead to big savings. I'll buy large quantities of meat and repackage based on my typical use patterns, on sale produce, coffee (buy 2 get 3 free), etc. Because I buy fairly regularly, the home shoppers know me and they treat the shopping as if they were buying for themselves. I've rarely had a problem and if I do, they are always good about rectifying it. Plus, I get rain checks for any out of stock items. I've had good experiences with Walmart too. I've learned which of their items are typically cheaper than my grocery store. I use them more often for household supplies and other items that are cheaper or better (e.g., string cheese, sliced cheese, eggs). Walmart has been great in rectifying a couple of small problem that came up. A big plus to online shopping, is almost no impulse purchases!