Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Reached my goal weight for my cruise!

kadimcnairkadimcnair Posts: 31Member, Premium Member Posts: 31Member, Premium Member
Just in the nick of time, I hit -90 pounds! It's taken me 17 months. I am so excited! I plan on gaining 10 pounds on the cruise, then losing that and another 20 lbs when I get back! 🤣🤣🤣
gw4wh9ein4y1.jpg

us.v-mjdm0t3ui8jc.jpg
cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/64/o7ivtfn5b88u.jpg

Replies

• Roy1CRoy1C Posts: 61Member Member Posts: 61Member Member
    Wow! That’s awesome. Congratulations!
  • cydneebaumancydneebauman Posts: 72Member Member Posts: 72Member Member
    I started to get to my goal weight for a cruise too!

You look amazing! Congrats!
  • LatoriaMcAdooLatoriaMcAdoo Posts: 49Member Member Posts: 49Member Member
    Congratulations
  • ninerbuffninerbuff Posts: 42,272Member, Greeter Member Posts: 42,272Member, Greeter Member
    Good job! Workout on the ship! They have a great gym and walk the decks to get some extra calorie burning in to help offset the eating!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • kadimcnairkadimcnair Posts: 31Member, Premium Member Posts: 31Member, Premium Member
    I'll definitely be walking like crazy and I will have the check out the gym. Thank you!!
  • nopoints4pants22nopoints4pants22 Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    Congratulations, enjoy your cruise!
  • waukenabogirlwaukenabogirl Posts: 15Member, Premium Member Posts: 15Member, Premium Member
    Please reconsider “gaining “ on your cruise. You have done so well to get where you are. Maybe think about it as maintenance and that gives you more calories to treat yourself without resetting your thought process that helped you get to your goal.
  • AidaF430AidaF430 Posts: 165Member Member Posts: 165Member Member
    You look amazing. WTG!! Enjoy your vacation. B)
  • kellyczkellycz Posts: 44Member, Premium Member Posts: 44Member, Premium Member
    Congrats! Amazing job.
  • chasitystiff2153chasitystiff2153 Posts: 6Member Member Posts: 6Member Member
    You look great what did you eat
  • raleighgirl09raleighgirl09 Posts: 68Member, Premium Member Posts: 68Member, Premium Member
    What a fantastic feeling, way to go!!
  • elisa123galelisa123gal Posts: 3,467Member Member Posts: 3,467Member Member
    wonderful job.. but I disagree with a plan to gain 10 pounds. Don't do that to yourself.. have fun.. eat ..but you should not gain ten pounds unless your gone for many weeks or plan on binging . (they should have a gym on the boat).
    edited June 10
  • xxzenabxxxxzenabxx Posts: 449Member Member Posts: 449Member Member
    I just came back from an 8 day holiday and didn’t gain any weight (well maybe 1/5th of a pound!). Maybe gain 1 lb but that’s it. Don’t set yourself up for bad food habits by thinking it’s okay to gain 10lbs. How will you maintain your weight? You need to be more sustainable and build habits for long term success and deliberately gaining 10lbs of fat is not one. Congratulations on the weight loss by the way!
  • kapurcelkapurcel Posts: 5Member Member Posts: 5Member Member
    Well done!
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 4,102Member Member Posts: 4,102Member Member
    Awesome job you look fantastic! Enjoy the cruise :)
  • meeharrietmeeharriet Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    Awesome job you look amazing enjoy your cruise
  • bobsburgersfanbobsburgersfan Posts: 1,405Member Member Posts: 1,405Member Member
    xxzenabxx wrote: »
    I just came back from an 8 day holiday and didn’t gain any weight (well maybe 1/5th of a pound!). Maybe gain 1 lb but that’s it. Don’t set yourself up for bad food habits by thinking it’s okay to gain 10lbs. How will you maintain your weight? You need to be more sustainable and build habits for long term success and deliberately gaining 10lbs of fat is not one. Congratulations on the weight loss by the way!
    I kind of disagree with this. OP has lost 90 lbs and has been doing this for 17 months, so she obviously has built habits and knows what to do to achieve success! As for the 10 lbs of gain, I took that to mean that she is planning to eat what she likes and not stress about it, not an actual goal to gain 10 lbs of fat.

People approach vacations differently. Some people prefer not to go off of their food plan, but some people choose not to worry about weight and what they are eating, and either way is okay.