142lbs to shift - excercises to avoid saggy skin??

Options
Nads36
Nads36 Posts: 108 Member
Hi I currently weigh 282lbs....never been this heavy before. I would like advice on what is suitable exercise to start with and what is good for toning during the weight loss journey?

Anyone managed to shift 100+ lbs and avoid saggy skin? Would love to know your tips!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I started on 170 kg (375 pounds) and couldn't fit into any of the gym machines. But I started to walk, short distances to start with and I used the gym pool for water aerobics. Heaven! Just see what you can do and start doing it on a regular basis. (My dream is to buy a real, proper, normal bicycle once I have reached 120 kg - 264 pounds. So looking forward to that! 15 kg, 33 pounds to go.)
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    How much loose skin you will have after you lose weight depends on several factors - genetics, how long you've been overweight, and how quickly you lose weight. And it doesn't matter what type of exercise you do or what kind of diet you follow, it will have no impact on whether or not you have loose skin and/or how much you'll have.

I would recommend focusing on light cardio in the beginning, thins like walking and swimming. Just getting out there and being active. If you have been sedentary for a long time, you don't want to jump right in to crazy workouts, you can build up to it over time. Remember, weight loss happens in the kitchen, health is gained in the gym.

Something else to keep in mind, your skin takes longer to shrink than it does for most people to lose weight. It will likely continue to shrink for up to two years after you hit maintenance.