Fitness watch

Options
I need your opinion , I want to buy a smart watch or a fitness watch to pair it with my phone and my fitness pal app to track my activity and my calorie burn during the day , which smart/fitness watch would you recommend ???? , knowing that I am using samsung note 9 phone.

Thanks.

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Garmin.
  • T4RH33L_80
    T4RH33L_80 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm using the Fitbit Ionic and am very happy with it.
  • redandwhiterobsafc
    redandwhiterobsafc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Samsung frontier is a great piece of kit and works great with thfn Samsung health app which in turn syncs with MFP
  • iDad74
    iDad74 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have a note 9 also and I use a galaxy watch. Works fine for my needs and it's meant to synch with my phone. However, I do think Garmin makes the best overall fitness watch. But if u want a device that's smart watch first and fitness tracker second I'd say go with the galaxy watch.
  • renavail
    renavail Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Grr posted a huge thing and I lost it .

I have a gear sport . It works great . Reminds me to workout and sync great BUT . for my daughter it burns her wrist. And if you put it on right after a charge it can burn you too. It's not like a burn with fire. Lol I laugh because I feel this is crazy . But a red mark that itches and may burn a little bit . But stays in her forever .. needless to say I am out of 300$ for her and having to find another . This burn thing is common you can look it up. The app is not as interactive as Fitbit .

Used to be a Fitbit user but there is store her in Egypt. The app with Fitbit is much better then others. Very interactive but the quility of Fitbit hasn't been great . I have broke 2 with in 6 months

I personally would suggest Garmin. I have not use them but the quility of the watches look much better and they are built for fitness and I just feel it would be better watch . I hope to find one here.

Look at the apps. Look up the websites and see which on in your needs

• mdwarchichoke
    mdwarchichoke Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had a Samsung Gear for over a year. Never an issue. I just did not like the "smart watch" features. Even with everything turned off it would bug me. I switched to a Garmin Fenix. I love my job, but there are days or times when I am off, I simply do not want the text, phone calls thru the watch etc. I know it is really is nto that big of a deal, but I had disconnect from it all somehow. That lead me to the Garmin more fitness type of watch and less smart watch.
  • Fatiawan
    Fatiawan Posts: 21 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I second the Garmin suggestion. Check out DCRainmaker for quality reviews of various watches (including watches from Garmin and Fitbit).