HAPPY NATIONAL DONUT DAY!!!

Options
pancakerunner
pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
What's everyone's favorite donut? I'm all about the Long John's and jelly filled!

Replies

• starpoweractivate
    starpoweractivate Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Maple long John's and maple old fashioned and they have to be from a independent shop. All donuts from Krispy cream are the worse donuts ever. Dunkin donuts is a close second. 🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩
  • teresaa1860
    teresaa1860 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Cake donuts with chocolate icing and sprinkles 😃
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Apple fritters
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    A local Mennonite place makes what are basically jelly donuts but with lemon curd inside. The powdered sugar and fried dough offset by the tart curd, OMG so good.

Equally good - local apple orchard makes apple cake doughnuts coated with cinnamon sugar.

:yum:
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Old fashioned buttermilk.

I'm a pretty no frills kinda girl. :)
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Apple fritters

Yep. My grandson knows I love apple fritters and bought me one today. <3
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    A local Mennonite place makes what are basically jelly donuts but with lemon curd inside. The powdered sugar and fried dough offset by the tart curd, OMG so good.

Equally good - local apple orchard makes apple cake doughnuts coated with cinnamon sugar.

:yum:

I could cosign some apple cider donuts, there's a few mills in my area that'll have them nice and warm.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I guess I am too basic because I am not sure I have ever had a doughnut that wasn't kk, dd, or little debbie. I have never heard of many of the ones listed in this thread.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I guess I am too basic because I am not sure I have ever had a doughnut that wasn't kk, dd, or little debbie. I have never heard of many of the ones listed in this thread.

I actually bought a box of Little Debbie donut sticks in anticipation of today. They're the kind of donuts I like and very much portion controlled.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Tim Horton’s Boston cream!!!!!
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Apple fritters and cream filled. I was able to politely decline all offers of said doughnuts at work today. I didn't even sniff them! I rewarded myself with pizza and beer!! Went over 4 calories though.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »

I actually bought a box of Little Debbie donut sticks in anticipation of today. They're the kind of donuts I like and very much portion controlled.

I love those for dipping in coffee. I haven't done that in forever.
  • HereToLose50
    HereToLose50 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I miss getting a maple donut out west. In the south the donuts are kinda heavy and way too much sugar. I had a Krispy Kreme glazed hot. It was okay. And it fit my calories.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    apparently I missed it this year :(
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate donuts (not the frosting topped ones, but the ones that are chocolate throughout), and jelly. I also love a glazed donut stick here and there.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    I love chocolate donuts (not the frosting topped ones, but the ones that are chocolate throughout), and jelly. I also love a glazed donut stick here and there.

kgv1ynj433yk.jpeg
    These are good dunked in milk or coffee
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Long johns, but they have to be white cream, not custard! Also, I love the old-fashioned style sour cream doughnuts.

SourCream_OldFashioned2-e1423685370680.jpg?resize=700%2C466&ssl=1
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    Long johns, but they have to be white cream, not custard! Also, I love the old-fashioned style sour cream doughnuts.

SourCream_OldFashioned2-e1423685370680.jpg?resize=700%2C466&ssl=1

these!
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I like a vanilla frosted long John and it doesn't hurt that they are always one of the largest donuts offered in the case🤗🍩