1200 -1400 cals and heartburn?

Options
Bex953172
Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
Ive reduced my intake to 1200 calories, im eating anywhere between 1200 and 1400
Thats not including any exercise calories, but thats whats physically going IN.

But ive been getting heartburn daily?
I would have thought im eating enough? Is it even related?
Does exercise calories matter? I didnt really want to eat them back.

Should i eat more often but less? I notice it coming on when i start to get hungry. But then it does make it hard to eat.

I do have Gaviscon but would rather find the cause than just treat the symptoms

Any advice?

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    have you changed the foods or liquids in your diet? change your eating schedule?

might be worth a trip to the doctors if it doesn't clear up.

how did you come to decide 1200 was appropriate? did you enteryour stats in MFP? are you using a food scale for all foods? accurately logging?

1200 is very low and generally only necessary for very very short very very sedentary females. as it's the minimum to get proper nutrition.

And absolutely exercise calories matter. you are meant to eat them back if you used MFP to determine your calories.

how long hvae you been eating 1200 calories and how much have you lost in that time?
  • Bex953172
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Yeah did my stats for 2lbs a week, it gives me 1250/day

Yep to the scale and accurate logging. Eating the same-ish foods, just less quantity, eating alot less junk.

Ive only started again this week.
    I did it innn 2017 (and it worked) before i got pregnant. And that baby is now just over a year old, not bfing or anything like that.

Literally just eating less, moving (and drinking) more. But only about 4-5 cups of water a day, slowly going to increase to 8 eventually.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    YES exercise calories matter. The reason you eat them back is that the recommended calories is NET. You could be suffering heartburn because you're under-eating. Also---

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    leggup wrote: »
    YES exercise calories matter. The reason you eat them back is that the recommended calories is NET. You could be suffering heartburn because you're under-eating. Also---

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

Ah that helps, so my daily total should be as close to 0 as possible? Unless i wanted to "bank" some for an event? For example we have a food festival in my town this weekend lol!
    I look at my intake over a week as well as daily too.

That list helps too, ive got about 45lbs to lose!