Easy everyday sustainable meal ideas.

Options
I intermittent fast and typically don’t eat till around 2pm and my window closes and around 8-9pm. I need some no fuss super easy recipes/consistent meals to make for myself that are low calorie. I get off track easily because I like food lol. So it’s got to be extremely easy and won’t talk myself out of tracking calories😬

Replies

• Coffee_addict22
    Coffee_addict22 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    HilTri wrote: »
    Riced cauliflower steamed out if the freeze sprayed w “I can’t believe it’s not butter”, salt and pepper and a shake of Parmesan along with frozen grilled and ready chicken strips.

I’m writing this one down🙌🏼❤️🤤
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I used to love making this soup - hearty, tasty, and makes a bunch at once (with quick cooking time and next to no prep time) so it lasts a while.

Taco soup
    1 can each of 5 different beans: pinto beans, black beans, garbanzo beans, white beans, navy beans (or any other combination of beans - kidney bean, cranberry bean, whatever)
    1-2 cans corn
    1-2 cans chopped tomatoes
    1 smaller can tomato soup (like 10 oz-ish)
    1-2 packets taco seasoning mix (reg or spicy, by preference)

Note - can size can vary, but around 14-16 oz cans for all items but the soup seem to do well.
    Directions:
    1. Open all cans and pour them, liquid and all, into a large pot. Dump in the taco soup seasoning packet. Turn on heat and heat on med until the soup is heated through. Bam, you're done.
    2. Serve and eat.

- You can brown some ground beef or caramelize some onions beforehand and add them too, but it's not necessary.
    - The flavors blend well the longer it sits, too, so this is typically even better the second day.
    - This pairs well with corn chips or rice or even over a baked potato, if you want something more or a little variety if you are eating multiple meals of it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    I used to make 4 dinners and 4 lunches on Sundays so all I'd have to do is heat them up and possibly throw together a salad or cook broccoli (I don't like reheated broccoli.)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    My go-to lunch is some type of salad. I'll buy 1 bunch of kale for $1 and rinse and chop it up ASAP so its ready to eat. I put it in a green bag and it will keep all week. I like tomatoes, roasted or fresh peppers, cucumber. I also make pickled vegetables. Chop or slice onions and mix with frozen mixed veg(peas, carrot, corn, green beans) and some sort of vinegar or vinaigrette(the juice from no sugar added sweet pickles works well) and season to taste. Put this in a sealed container in the fridge and it will also last a week or longer. Easy protein: cottage cheese, tuna, lunch meat, taco meat, frozen grilled chicken strips, etc.

If you get tired of salad, you can make large batches of roasted vegetables to eat with whatever type of protein you like.

I also really like veggie burger wraps(Joseph's pitas or lavash bread or xtreme wellness wraps are good). They also make good "breakfast" tacos with egg whites, mushroom or spinach, bacon or beans.