Collagen anyone?

Options
flippy1234
flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
Does anyone here supplement with Collagen peptides. Is it working for you?

Replies

• getrealgirl
    getrealgirl Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I just started this week. Get back to me in a month or so. Feel free to friend me if you like.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    I've been using them for a couple of years. I can definitely tell a difference with my nails and hair. Back in the day they used knox gelatin but this is far better.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    My Mom just started using this for her hair. According to her card group, it's helped with hair loss and joint pain. My mom thinks she's been less hungry on it too, she's lost a few pounds without trying. Course I'm a little jealous of that!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    I use them like a coffee creamer every morning. Two-three scoops aday. The unflavored brands taste like nothing but they still taste like something.
  • csellerssmith
    csellerssmith Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I’ve been using them for about two weeks. I agree that they have a taste but yet they are tasteless - hard to describe. I mix it in with my morning coffee using an immersion blender and can’t taste a difference - but I can in water. I don’t know if I’ve been taking them long enough for it to make a difference but I do feel like my nails have really grown the last two or three days.
  • emorrell21
    emorrell21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I put 1T in my coffee, with some cream, for the protein in the morning because I dont like eating breakfast. My skin looks good right now but it could also be because Ive been eating well for a few months and I know that has helped. I dont like whey protein so collagen works well for me because it is tasteless in coffee.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. Post again when you see results. I am only on a few days. I am hopeful.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I've been adding powdered collagen to my protein smoothies for several years now. I can't taste it or smell it. I believe it has helped with my hair, nails and skin and after taking it consistently my knee stopped "popping" when doing squats as well.

It doesn't replace my protein powders however.

Good luck!
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    No harm in adding it, but gelatin works better. I use gelatin for a mysterious tendon issue (it's the only thing that works) and it does wonders for my hair.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,714 Member
    Options
    I take 6 grams, usually Neocell or Vital Proteins in the a.m. I love it, I feel much more " complete" I was vegan then added bovine collagen and fish back. Feel much better
    I also do not equate as a protein, just supplementation.
  • alcomer
    alcomer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am on my second month of using it. I put a scoop in chocolate almond milk and blend every morning. I have noticed a difference in my skin and hair. My hair was thinning due to my Lupus meds, but those areas have filled back in.
  • Mcwi3681
    Mcwi3681 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've been taking 11g/day for a few months now and the difference in my hair is amazing! I started taking it for my skin but I haven't noticed any changes there yet (they say effects on skin will take 3 months to show). I put it in tea, the stuff I use has no flavor and just makes it look cloudy. It has 10g of protein as well and it makes me feel full for awhile.