Looking to lose weight and find a friend maybe

I’m 5’2 and weight about 170. I know I need to lose the weight badly. It’s making my anxiety issues worse I think because of my embarrassment of my weight. I have a gym membership and just started going again recently. Just lack the motivation I need for myself!

Replies

• arjyxetri
    arjyxetri Posts: 1 Member
    You are great
  • hummer7j
    hummer7j Posts: 7 Member
    Thank yiu
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,902 Member
    hummer7j wrote: »
    I’m 5’2 and weight about 170. I know I need to lose the weight badly. It’s making my anxiety issues worse I think because of my embarrassment of my weight. I have a gym membership and just started going again recently. Just lack the motivation I need for myself!

Making the decision and doing > motivation ;)

Use the app to log all your food and drink, weigh and measure everything, and use a reasonable deficit. You'll lose the weight. Stay with it.
  • saundraxo
    saundraxo Posts: 65 Member
    @hummer7j me! Here! I need a workout/accountability buddy
  • hummer7j
    I do too!!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    You can do this! You say you don't have the motivation you need, but you're going to the gym and have come here, I think you're started in the right direction. Start logging what you eat, it helps a lot to see the calories of what is actually going in your mouth. From there, you can modify what you're eating.

For what it's worth, one of the things that has helped my anxiety is working out. Doing the exercise helps at the time, but physically feeling stronger helps me feel more in control. Weight coming down has motivated me, but being able to move better has me feeling healthier all the way around. I hope this is the case for you too!
  • FreddieFreckles
    FreddieFreckles Posts: 13 Member
    If you suffer from anxiety and low confidence, I think the fact that you’re going to the gym is amazing and suggests that you’re much stronger than you think. Keep going and you’ll surprise yourself x
  • tawtyping
    tawtyping Posts: 391 Member
    Help and support really helps and we’re all here for the same thing and to help each other along. Feel free to add me as a friend and good luck in your journey! You can do this!
  • hummer7j
    Thank you everyone!
  • CFSHarleyJon
    CFSHarleyJon Posts: 9 Member
    Like Phirrgus mentions use the app. Make some friends here and don’t be afraid to talk about the struggle. Let your friends give you friendly slap upside the head when needed for motivation. It can be difficult at times. I suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, used to run Triathlons, train for the Ironman and now if workout or walk in any magnitude I end up in bed sometimes for days recovering in pain. I have do every activity of any kind in moderation. The VA helped me with my initial weight loss jump start and I’m down over 40 pounds and counting mostly just by paying attention to food intake so far. It’s starting to get a little harder and slower going now that I’m at 210 so counting the calorie types and making sure i’m At least doing some physical activity a few days a week is critical I came to MFP looking for the APP accountability and to make some friends for the same purpose also. Keep reaching out. :)
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    We can be accountability buddies! We can do this! We got this!
  • amandah3493
    amandah3493 Posts: 55 Member
    You can add me!