Weight watchers vs my fitness pal

I was on weight watchers from March 5 to June 5, and successfully lost 16 lbs (163 to 146). I am new to MFT, and I like it so far, however, I have 2 main questions:
1) Anyone tried WW before and continued on along weight with MFP?
2) I am on a 1400 cal a day diet, but seem kinda high, is it normal?

TIA!!

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,178 Member
    kaka_cw wrote: »
    I was on weight watchers from March 5 to June 5, and successfully lost 16 lbs (163 to 146). I am new to MFT, and I like it so far, however, I have 2 main questions:
    1) Anyone tried WW before and continued on along weight with MFP?
    2) I am on a 1400 cal a day diet, but seem kinda high, is it normal?

TIA!!

1. Based on previous posts in this forum many people have done both WW and MFP one after the other or even at the same time!

2. It doesn't seem particularly high to me. To the contrary. Your goal number also depends on the settings you used during guided setup, and in particular the rate of loss you selected.

You should also remember that while there are no artificial points penalties to push WW's morality about certain food items into your decision making, there are also NO FREE FOODS in your 1400 Cal! It is up to you to choose which items are worth it to you given the calories they cost!
  • eliseeleblanc70
    eliseeleblanc70 Posts: 4 Member
    For the calories it depends on your height and weight. The taller and heavier you are the more calories you need just to exist. Also if you have an active job you need more. 1400 may be high for some people and low for others.