Abs or no abs?? A man's opinion....

Options
smuehlbauer
smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
Ok, so I am wondering what the guys out there think.
Is it sexy when a woman has abs?
Defined abs that you can see?
Or is it better to just have a flat stomach?
Thoughts?????

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I am wondering what the guys out there think.
    Is it sexy when a woman has abs?
    Defined abs that you can see?
    Or is it better to just have a flat stomach?
    Thoughts?????

well, abs are a beautiful thing, but not a requirement IMHO. Do I prefer abs? Sure, but I don't think someone with a flat stomach can't be super sexy as well. Abs are as much about genetics as they are about hard work, especially as we age. Some people can have well defined abs with a lot less work than others, it's just the way of things.
  • crazylisa
    crazylisa Posts: 3
    Options
    From a lesbians opinion I like midly defined abs. Madonna style freaks me the hell out but a healthy 'chisel' i guess you could call it looks really good and shows you look after yrself. Eg: j lo
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I think purely from what I have seen in magazine and stuff I think flat stomachs not showing abs look the nicest on men and women (That coming from a gay man, does my opinion still count lol). I have no idea what other men think is sexy but I think that abs and too much muscle showing through the skin is a bit over the top for my liking. Plus my friend says its like sleeping next to a brick wall lol
    Ben

Ps edit: after reading the post above mine you now have the opinion from every angle lol!
    x
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I would say having the outline of Abs on the sides, but not a full 6 pack, would be my preference, but a flat stomach is also quite sexy.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Yes, abs are sexy but flat is just as sexy.
  • lrmoore13
    lrmoore13 Posts: 16
    Options
    I have never come across a woman with flat stomach and thought "damn, I wish she had some abs." If you are in a position to be contemplating both, then you are already better off than most.
  • Vipecap
    Vipecap Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I would say having the outline of Abs on the sides, but not a full 6 pack, would be my preference, but a flat stomach is also quite sexy.

My friends and I fall into this camp as well as to what is sexiest followed closely by a flat tummy. Cut abs on a female don't really do much for me other saying that is an impressive feat to have accomplished. Just my male two cents.
  • smuehlbauer
    Options
    Thanks guys - and Lady.
    I was just wondering if busting my bootie to get defined abs would be worth it or if I would scare off men.
    Pretty much a mixed opinion.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Nice flat belly all the way, followed by maybe a little definition along the sides.

Too much abs...although very impressive, not usually that attractive to me at all.
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys - and Lady.
    I was just wondering if busting my bootie to get defined abs would be worth it or if I would scare off men.
    Pretty much a mixed opinion.

I think you should do what you want and what makes you feel attractive. If someone like you then they should like you for who you want to be. In my opinion, cut abs are great but not everyone has the ability to have them. As long as you look healthy, that's what matters.
  • kwaters7
    kwaters7 Posts: 129
    Options
    Steph

Reckon that too much might be off-putting in that 99% of guys don't have them themselves... It's maybe like the equivalent of girls going out with a guy who has a smaller waist than them, could seem a bit like role reversal, who knows.

IMHO

Flat ( or close to it ) = Great (& more than fine)
    Toned = Even better
    Abs = Great, but too muscular ain't really my bag..

Cheers

K
  • p90xokc
    p90xokc Posts: 66
    Options
    If I see ripped abs on a woman, it makes me think she can kick my *kitten*. Flat stomach is a huge preference for me as opposed to the six pack on a woman. I like ladies, not body builders if you know what I mean. Just my opinion.
  • fano3
    fano3 Posts: 2
    Options
    Flat belly or fit belly. Ripped abs...not so much. However, on the list of things I'm looking at (to be honest) it falls fairly low on the scale.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I know you said man's but let me explain. :) I think on most women, defined abs, such as Jennifer Aniston or J. Lo where you can see they've got a flat belly and definition is sexy. When you get into the ab category such as women bodybuilders, it gets scary. Like one poster said, like they could kick your *kitten*. I think a lot of guys don't like that. What's the point of dating a woman if she doesn't at least look a little feminine?

My bf has told me he doesn't like "cut" women ... of course he says the general shpeal about how he loves me the way I am, yada yada but as my belly gets flatter, he's not complaining either. :)
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Flat belly or fit belly. Ripped abs...not so much. However, on the list of things I'm looking at (to be honest) it falls fairly low on the scale.

Exactly. On my list of things that make a woman attractive, I would put "flat or ripped stomach" below non-physical qualities like personality, and how you carry yourself.
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I am like the majority of guys on here, flat bellys are lovely. You kinda expect some softness if you decide to spread some kisses around her bellybutton. Nothing wrong with cut abs, but they could make some guys self conscious about their own abs instead of appreciating her hardwork and dedication.
  • smuehlbauer
    Options
    Thanks for the responses everyone.
    Pretty much my thoughts on the subject too.
    Now how about the butt - firm or droopy - I'm kidding!!!!
    Have a great day everyone!
  • littlelisa24
    littlelisa24 Posts: 127
    Options
    So can I ask a question guys? Piggy backing of the first question. Now i'm sort of scared. I have a flat/ semi-toned tummy. However, it's not very strong...I don't have a lot of core strangth. So i need to do more ab work to get stronger but not i'm afraid that i will get into the maddona style and that scares me. What's your take on it?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    So can I ask a question guys? Piggy backing of the first question. Now i'm sort of scared. I have a flat/ semi-toned tummy. However, it's not very strong...I don't have a lot of core strangth. So i need to do more ab work to get stronger but not i'm afraid that i will get into the maddona style and that scares me. What's your take on it?

Contrary to popular belief, it takes a concentrated effort to build and maintain those "6 pack" abs that people see. I really doubt you'll get them by accident. It's pretty rare that that happens. You need to do very specific, targeted routines to really get that kind of abdominal definition, unless you are part of a very small portion of the population and even then it takes work. Ab definition yes, 6 pack type abs, much harder.
  • david1956
    david1956 Posts: 190 Member
    Options

If a woman was attractive to me, whether they had defined abs would really not be a factor in it. Like, "Wow she is hot... ummm, hang on a minute... eeeekkkkkkk, oh God no.. she has abs!!!!" just wouldn't happen.

Not sure how other guys feel, but I'm pretty sure that the more I've got into working out, the more I am attracted to athletic/muscular physiques on women. Maybe something to do with a shared obsession and an appreciation for someone who has achieved awesome results, but... I think there is something sexy about women who are into pushing weights and have a strong physique. Sure it doesn't define a person, but talking pure aesthetics and sex appeal it does it for me personally, definitely more so than say reed-thin or whatever some media images might push.