Need friends similar weight 260lbs

Options
2»

Replies

• nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    tricia6206 wrote: »
    Hi - my starting weight three weeks ago was 262. I have been losing and gaining 5 lbs over the past three weeks. I know I need to drink more water and be more scrupulous about meal planning and getting to the grocery store to ensure I have the proper food in the house. I'd love to have friends in the same weight as myself and track progress together - I am 60 years old, 5ft 6inches. Dr. has me seeing her on August 19th to check weight, BP and blood sugar - I've GOT to do this!

Just had to comment you look no where near 60!
  • Andrea222
    Andrea222 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm about 263.
  • tricia6206
    tricia6206 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nooboots

Just had to comment you look no where near 60![/quote]

My goodness - thank you! Approaching my 61st birthday this weekend - you have given me the best gift ever!
  • l8t4thesky
    l8t4thesky Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi - I've got 100+ lbs. to lose. It seems so overwhelming. It's helpful to have others to share struggles with, so I found this board. To get started, I'm just trying to stay within my calorie range and shoot for a 10 lb. loss in 2 months. That at least sound doable. Any tips? I'm 63 years old and have a desk type job.
  • texteach66
    texteach66 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My starting weight 3 and a half years ago was 266.8; I've lost over 110 lbs and kept it off for over a year. You're welcome to friend me; my diary is not open at the moment, but from time to time it is. What worked for me was doing it slowly - losing a pound per week, even though many with that much to lose set their deficit to lose 2 pounds per week. There's nothing wrong with that! I wasn't ready/willing to make that big a change in my eating habits, so setting my deficit to lose 1 pound a week gave me plenty of calories to eat.
  • Horses4Two
    Horses4Two Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Add me. I sent you a FR. I need support !
  • thinkthingem
    thinkthingem Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Add me I'm a similar weight and I need support maybe we could help each
  • wendyethorpe1103
    wendyethorpe1103 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m in the same boat as you, 60 years old and 5’6”, 237 lbs, need to lose about 80 lbs. I just recently gained the 40 pounds I lost on weight watchers last year so I downloaded this appointment to do my calorie tracking. I need help and motivation, I have found it impossible to start the last 6 months but now I’m ready and newly committed! Let’s track progress together and motivate each other, that would help me. My name is Wendy.
  • MichelleMinn
    MichelleMinn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the right demo. Happy to have friends and accountability buddies!
  • Porkieyorkie28
    Porkieyorkie28 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Starting on about 255lbs. Been at it a few months, not great success but feeling in more control.
  • jojomariemfp
    jojomariemfp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Same!! Add me!!
  • sara_nikko
    sara_nikko Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm at 278lbs. Been trying to lose weight forever but feel like I have a better control over my portions and emotions by writing in a journal and using a scale. Please add me! Anyone else can add me too!
  • rustyvicinie
    rustyvicinie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Was 290 down to 254 on the way to 230. Doing Keto. diary is open.
  • sheilaann67
    sheilaann67 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Add me please! I'm 250 and just starting. Would love to have some friends to keep me motivated. Seeing that others are sticking with it and logging their food helps alot. I dont always eat the healthiest butmy goal is to eat healthier and under my calorie budget. Good luck to everyone!
  • sheilaann67
    sheilaann67 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    tricia6206 wrote: »
    Hi - my starting weight three weeks ago was 262. I have been losing and gaining 5 lbs over the past three weeks. I know I need to drink more water and be more scrupulous about meal planning and getting to the grocery store to ensure I have the proper food in the house. I'd love to have friends in the same weight as myself and track progress together - I am 60 years old, 5ft 6inches. Dr. has me seeing her on August 19th to check weight, BP and blood sugar - I've GOT to do this!

I'm 5'6 and 250. Add me :)