12 stone 3

Options
lozzah555
lozzah555 Posts: 6 Member
edited June 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I was approx approx about 14 stone and I’m currently about 12 stone 3 which still seems to be the same if not more than some guys and more than all my friends. I am 5’10. I’m not sure whether I need to lose more weight or look okay as I am. I do suffer from body dismorphia which makes things difficult. Any advise or suggestions would be helpful. Thank you

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Considering your height, your weight is at the top of the healthy weight range. Whether that's "right" is really up to you, and perhaps your doctor. Your current weight is fine, but you could lose a bit more if you wanted to.

Are you comfortable with the amount of food and activity required to stay at that weight?
    Is your energy level good and you can sleep comfortably?
    Do you have health conditions that might be alleviated by being lighter?

If you are unsure, getting a checkup and asking the doctor this question will give you a better idea of it's a healthy weight for you or not. In the meantime, why not focus on other goals and see if your weight naturally goes down or if you become more comfortable with your weight? You can always decide to lose a little more later.

If you "look okay" at your current weight is an opinion, nothing more. Some people will think you lost too much weight, some people will think you look right on, and some people will think you need to lose more. Heck, I change my mind on a weekly basis on whether I'm at the right weight or should lose a few more! Being comfortable with what we see in the mirror is a tricky question, and one I don't feel qualified to answer :blush:

If you know you have issues with seeing yourself clearly, perhaps counseling would be something to think about? Not a judgement, just something to think about.

Not sure if any of that is an answer, but something to think about hopefully. Congrats on your success!