Ladies who are 5'2 , please stand up !! :D

Options

Replies

• UpstateK8
    UpstateK8 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm 5"1& 3/4".... I'm obese by standard measures, and sick of how I feel, so been on MFP for a month and dropped 16 lbs... I'm 220lbs now, but my goal weight is 130. I don't recall ever being below 130, so if I get to 130 and feel I could do more, I will. I have twin sister (fraternal) who's 118lbs.... if we could share clothes I'll be estatic. Anyway, feel free to add me if you'd like! MFP has been a great eye opener and I'm in it for the long haul. I'm happy to support anyone that needs encouragment or likes to check out other people's diaries.
  • RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I love the 5"2" threads! :)

Height: 5"2"
    Age/Gender: 37/Female
    Highest Weight: 172
    Current Weight: 145.4
    Goal Weight: 130
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 120
    BMI: 26.6
    BF%: 26.8%

My goal is to hit 140 by early-October. Everything came off fast at first, and slowed down around June. I started MFP 12/26/12.

Feel free to add me if you''re an active MFP'er who likes to encourage and be encouraged :)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    59a03ddf-953f-4f7c-a542-366b65bf73b8_zpsc3a4d1c9.jpg[/URL]

This photos was at around 127 pounds taken a couple months ago. (OK, so I was sucking in and flexing a bit....). I am back up to 132. I hover between 127-132, but have been as high as 140 and as low as 106 (in high school, Slim Fast, breakup, nough said....). I'm going to South Beach for my 33rd birthday end of September and I'd like to get to 126 by then. I am more comfortable when I'm under 130.
  • MACnificence
    MACnificence Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Loving all the replies :)

Us shorties got to stick together

Well done to everyone in what ye've achieved so far whether its just starting , a few pounds left or you've hit goal , we're all a step closer than we were yesterday so hooray for us !!!

Keep the posts coming ladies ..
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and almost 39, maintaining between 100-104lbs. My bodyfat is estimated at 16%, using Jackson/Pollock 4-site caliper method.

My daily calorie goal is 1750, and I don't calculate exercise calories.
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, weighed 214 at my heaviest, now down to 176. I'm naturally hourglass shaped with a medium frame so look better with some meat on me, 145 - 150 is my ideal, lower than 140 I'd start looking too small for my liking. I eat anywhere from 1300 - 1600 calories a day, have two fasting days a week of 500 calories(doctors orders or I wouldn't) , and burn 1500 - 2000 calories a week walking.

This pic is from when I was 160(five years ago, and no, never going back to that hair color) , which my doctor wants me down to by the end of September. Fitting back into that dress is a goal of mine.

DSC01088copy2.jpg

This is my current at before and after.

8fa94648-a3a2-472b-b0c4-17dab1cb15ef_zps12408c88.jpg
  • Resa001
    Resa001 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'2.5"
    HW: 137 (Well, when I was pregnant I was 173 ; ) )
    CW: 133
    GW: 125

My healthiest adult weight was 118 lbs, I was super active and didn't really have to consciously maintain. I have a full time desk job, then I go home and I have limited child care opportunities to go exercise, hit the gym etc. I try to fit in walks during the day, then go on the treadmill for 10-25 minutes a day, do some push ups, sit ups etc. I know I need to be doing more, but I feel like i have so little time between work, chores, child. I am not unhappy with my current weight, but I know it is not a healthy weight for me because I am not getting enough exercise.
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    It's very interesting to read how everyone's goal weight differs, and at what weight each person feels they look best at.

115lbs is as low as I'm willing to go. :D I've been 98lbs and a size 00 and looked like I had the body of a 12-year-old boy. LOL So nope, definitely not my best figure.
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    It's very interesting to read how everyone's goal weight differs, and at what weight each person feels they look best at.

115lbs is as low as I'm willing to go. :D I've been 98lbs and a size 00 and looked like I had the body of a 12-year-old boy. LOL So nope, definitely not my best figure.

I think there is a misconception often about what weight short women are supposed to be. We all have different body types, frames, genetics, etc. I'm not saying you think this at all! I just think you raised a good point.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    5'2" here! I was at my heaviest EVER at 155lbs, that was back around late May or early June. Doc and I made a plan and I'm officially down to 139lbs. :D My goal is between 115-120lbs., but really I just want to get my waist down to around 25 inches.

Gosh. Me too :ohwell:

I'm 5' tall and started at about 160#'s this past January probably about 35% BF.
    I'm down to 137#'s, and even though I would've once killed to see this number on the scale, my goal is currently 120#'s and once I get there I'll see what I look like. Though admittedly, I haven't a clue if I'll ever end up there.

I like a bit of swerve in my curves :blushing: and currently, I'm at 30% BF. Once I get down to 25%, I'll likely reassess.
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2'', 42 years old
    SW: 205
    CW:156.5
    GW:145

My husband says I look great now, but my doctor and I decided on 145. We'll see how I feel when I get there!
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and my starting weight was 264
    I got down to 112 but that was to low.
    I want to be at 117, I am 121 right now
    It is really hard to keep the weight off,
    It goes up very quickly and comes back down very slowly.
    Eating the right number of calories is not so hard,
    it is the treadmill, that I do not do as much as I should.
    it is a life process.
    Good going to you
  • katycook33
    katycook33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. Currently 132 and would love to get to 125. These last few pounds are not budging....
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    As a short person (5'1") I'd say that if someone says to me "please stand up !!" I usually have to say "I'm already standing up!"

okay what was the question again?

5'1" currently eating and training for strength/lean mass gains, body fat percentage somewhere between 20-25% depending on how you measure it, currently 137lb :drinker:

my goal is to get really strong and my goal weight is whatever gives me the best wilks score

I think my body looks best between 20-25% body fat. I also think I look better for lifting heavy weights and eating at a surplus. I'll go on a cut if I think my body fat % is getting too high (for health reasons), but I don't intend going below the amount of fat I have where accumeasure says I have 22% body fat, I have tried that in the past but it caused too many issues, including the fact I didn't like the changes I was seeing in my body. But in all honesty my main goals are about strength and health, and what I can do, more than about aesthetics.

I have a large frame and I'm naturally quite muscular, i.e. I'm built like a not very tall brick s*** house, and my rib cage and shoulders are bigger than most women's who are much taller than me. :drinker: I think I have neanderthal genes.
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am about 5'1 1/2", currently 124.8 lbs, and 47 years old. The older you get the HARDER, can't emphasize that enough, it is to lose. I started my journey somewhere in the 150's not sure how much exactly because I was really to scared and ashamed to know. My first goal weight was 123 but now I think I need to lose more, probably close to 10 lbs more. I have to say that at times losing 10 more lbs and trying to maintain my weight there sounds daunting. Yes, when you're short there is definitely less wiggle room on the extra lbs you can carry and get away with. I'm really working hard to reach goal because I honestly don't know if I've ever been there and I would love to know what I look like there. I may not be able to maintain 115 lbs but I'd like to try it on for awhile!! Honestly, if I could get to 120 and lose the extra jiggle I have I'll be thrilled!

For those of you not lifting yet, DO IT. Seriously, I am 10 weeks into my heavy lifting and I have seen more changes and a leaner me in that amount of time than I have seen in probably the last year of working my a** off, figuratively and literally!! START. START NOW!!
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    As a short person (5'1") I'd say that if someone says to me "please stand up !!" I usually have to say "I'm already standing up!"

okay what was the question again?

5'1" currently eating and training for strength/lean mass gains, body fat percentage somewhere between 20-25% depending on how you measure it, currently 137lb :drinker:

my goal is to get really strong and my goal weight is whatever gives me the best wilks score

I think my body looks best between 20-25% body fat. I also think I look better for lifting heavy weights and eating at a surplus. I'll go on a cut if I think my body fat % is getting too high (for health reasons), but I don't intend going below the amount of fat I have where accumeasure says I have 22% body fat, I have tried that in the past but it caused too many issues, including the fact I didn't like the changes I was seeing in my body. But in all honesty my main goals are about strength and health, and what I can do, more than about aesthetics.

I have a large frame and I'm naturally quite muscular, i.e. I'm built like a not very tall brick s*** house, and my rib cage and shoulders are bigger than most women's who are much taller than me. :drinker: I think I have neanderthal genes.

It's funny you say this because as small as I am my rib cage is huge and I've always felt my shoulders were way too broad. Nice to know I'm not alone... maybe we just haven't evolved enough!!
  • pappesbaby
    Options
    Umm.. I'm between 5'1" and 5'2" and am quite obese compared to all who have posted. Pretty much where you all are at your starting wieght is where I would like to be lol. I'd be satisfied at 145 to be honest.

Me too :bigsmile:
    I'd settle for 185. Maybe when I get there I will want to go lower. I guess it all is in where you start at. But right now just getting back on the wagon & focusing on 5lbs at a time. I didn't put it on overnight & it wont come off overnight.
  • danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'2, 38 years old and my goal weight is 140. My ideal weight range is set between 107-131 but as I'm getting older, it's harder to maintain, so I'm a rebel and going for 9 lbs over the top of the range. I have a LONG way to go but I'm gonna do it!
  • jackiecamarena
    jackiecamarena Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Sitting at 5'2"-5'2.5", somewhere in there.
    SW: 200
    CW: 175
    GW: 140

I would love to see all you similar heighted ladies progress.
    Add me :)
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    5'2.5 here.
    SW: 199 (heaviest ever, 2010)
    CW: 180-185 (not currently weighing)
    GW: 124 (for a total of 75lbs lost)

No pics until I'm done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!