• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    hfisfjjaj83c.jpg
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    I played D&D for the first time on Sunday. I was surprised at how much fun it was and especially liked the creative element. I was, however, disappointed that the DM would not allow me to call scooby doo.

That's usually not something you can do before level seven
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    I played D&D for the first time on Sunday. I was surprised at how much fun it was and especially liked the creative element. I was, however, disappointed that the DM would not allow me to call scooby doo.

He did nearly let me do it but one of the guys we were playing with is hardcore in to D&D and he was absolutely horrified I even suggested it :laugh: He did say to think outside of the box...
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    ijj2qiaweuz6.jpg
  • cee134
    Options

He did nearly let me do it but one of the guys we were playing with is hardcore in to D&D and he was absolutely horrified I even suggested it :laugh: He did say to think outside of the box...

FYI, you should ask to roll for initiative. If you get a natural 20 the DM has to let you do anything your character is trying to do.
  • cee134
    Options
    ijj2qiaweuz6.jpg

44e4tu0w2bo6.png
  • Reckoner68
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

FYI, you should ask to roll for initiative. If you get a natural 20 the DM has to let you do anything your character is trying to do.

...this is bad advice, rofl.
  • cee134
    Options

According to the internet, this is D&D law now.

d8108a6rkmjn.png
    zi7t0lbr2ovk.jpg
  • ghudson92
    Options

I have so much to learn!
  • Reckoner68
    Options

According to the internet, this is D&D law now.

d8108a6rkmjn.png
    zi7t0lbr2ovk.jpg

I'm not sure I'd trust the internet to run a game, heheh

I have so much to learn!

Learning is half the fun :D
  • cee134
    Options

I have so much to learn!

It's hard for the DM to argue a Natural 20. It doesn't hurt to try. But be warned. The natural 1...

zq5ezhebmrc7.jpg
  • ghudson92
    Options

I have so much to learn!

It's hard for the DM to argue a Natural 20. It doesn't hurt to try. But be warned. The natural 1...

zq5ezhebmrc7.jpg

Yeah I learnt this lesson already :laugh: I wanted to shoot a goblin in the eye but rolled a one so I ended up being concussed for a turn
  • cee134
    Options

I have so much to learn!

zq5ezhebmrc7.jpg

Yeah I learnt this lesson already :laugh: I wanted to shoot a goblin in the eye but rolled a one so I ended up being concussed for a turn

Is it even possible to get a concussion from shooting a bow? 😆
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,129 Member
    Options
    Sure, if you hold onto the string but let go of the wood which snaps back into your face...
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,129 Member
    Options
    Was in a DnD game session once where a low-level wizard apprentice of one of the characters attempted to cast a level one spell against an ancient dragon. After a series of rolls to determine overcoming magic resistance, constitution checks against shock, initiative rolls and almost a dozen others, all of them coming up either natural 1 or 20 as required, ultimately this no-name level 1 wizard slayed the ultimate evil before the main PC's even had a chance to draw their swords or whatnot.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    ijj2qiaweuz6.jpg

That was such a fun episode of Supernatural.
  • MoxyLeigh
    MoxyLeigh Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    59e02a400f2b0d79b71e014e97e5aa9a.jpg
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    MoxyLeigh wrote: »

I, on the other hand, would be quite happy buried in a pile of tiny spiders. Spiders are sooooooo cute. :)
  • cee134
    Options
    MoxyLeigh wrote: »

Spiderman is a unique dude.