The Nerd & Geek Thread

Options

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,990 Member
    Options
    So jealous... no time to try to find D&D groups, and my kids have shown zero interest. I even tried once with them to see if they could get hooked, but no dice.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    7N5pMKo.gif
  • chubbycatcorner
    chubbycatcorner Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    o6gy10zjcvu5.jpg

Wow! This is amazing!
  • chubbycatcorner
    chubbycatcorner Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    2h7mbzy6luek.jpg

Always a favorite.
  • mattig89ch
    Options
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    I haven't played D&D since I was a teenager. No one I know would play it😣.

Anyone going to any cons? I really wish NYC got a good sci-fi con. We have a billion comic cons but nothing dedicated to sci-fi.

Believe it or not, the scifi turnout at comicon is actually pretty substantial. It's not completely scifi ofc, but you can def get that itch scratched.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    EA has earned a Guinness record for the most down voted comment in reddit history.

Goals...

EA has ruined so many IPs. Just look at Mass Effect and Star Wars, seriously...how can you even eff those up. Oh yeah, greed...
  • mattig89ch
    Options
    Yea, I think it's only selling well cause we, the consumers, are so starved for a decent sp star wars game.

Still, maybe this will make them actually produce more. Hopefully not jedi related. I want more from average schmucks in this universe.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I haven't played D&D since I was a teenager. No one I know would play it😣.

Anyone going to any cons? I really wish NYC got a good sci-fi con. We have a billion comic cons but nothing dedicated to sci-fi.

If your looking for a local game, you could try meetup.com or r/lfg on Reddit. Just sayin'.
  • DecreasingDuchess
    DecreasingDuchess Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    New additions to the comic collections

bapr2wgi3zbp.jpg

Turtles! B)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I got my TMNT DVD signed my Michael Sinterniklaas (Leo) last month...it was so cool!!! I usually only do author signings, it was my first time getting voice actors, they were all super nice!!!
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    for the D&D fans here - would the year 2020 be the year of advantage?

Here's hoping...
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    I got my TMNT DVD signed my Michael Sinterniklaas (Leo) last month...it was so cool!!! I usually only do author signings, it was my first time getting voice actors, they were all super nice!!!

baas0j565k5w.jpg
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    I don't know what that face means??? Is it a good thing or a bad thing??? Spankings or cookies??? Who am I kidding, there's no bad in that list!
  • s131951
    Options
    I don't know what that face means??? Is it a good thing or a bad thing??? Spankings or cookies??? Who am I kidding, there's no bad in that list!

Spankings and cookies. It's another of Mr. Sinterniklaas' alter egos.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Ahhhh...he has a lot of those!!!
  • s131951
    Options
    Ahhhh...he has a lot of those!!!

Indeed.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    kh9g5d2259kk.jpg

I actually started with 3rd edition, then, 3.5, then went to 2nd edition, skipped over 4th, and now play 5th mostly. Many of the newer players can't handle character deaths and slow healing, so 2nd edition is not for them. My group has no idea what lies ahead for them...... Going to introduce them to "Dark Sun." The DM smiles..... lol