This may be a long shot....

Options
InspectorRed
InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
I have been trying to find information on setting up multiple speakers throughout my apartment and outside that I can link together and play music via a bluetooth connection and listen to my TV through. I have found systems to use indoors but I have not found a system that has both indoor and outdoor speakers that I can link to each other....Anyone here done anything similar that has any advice?

Replies

• InspectorRed
    Options
    Set up the ones indoors then just open your windows.

You're welcome.

Why didn't I think of that?!
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Set up the ones indoors then just open your windows.

You're welcome.

Why didn't I think of that?!

Scientists say that 99.99% of the population ain't as smart as me.

I'm like, you know, like really smart.

Smarter than my dad!?!?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to find information on setting up multiple speakers throughout my apartment and outside that I can link together and play music via a bluetooth connection and listen to my TV through. I have found systems to use indoors but I have not found a system that has both indoor and outdoor speakers that I can link to each other....Anyone here done anything similar that has any advice?

It sounds like you would just have to run speaker wires from your outside speakers into your indoor stereo receiver. That isn't easy, cheap, and can be much more trouble than it's worth even as a DIY.

One solution is just to get a decent portable blue tooth speaker for when you are outside. Then if you wanted you can take it on picnics or to the pool and other places you like to go and want music. The issue here is what kind of range you would have with your TV and portable speakers. It's not impossible. Also you may need a Bluetooth Transmitter for your TV.

You can also set up wireless speakers systems but you have to have good internet speed for that and a good wifi router.
  • InspectorRed
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

It sounds like you would just have to run speaker wires from your outside speakers into your indoor stereo receiver. That isn't easy, cheap, and can be much more trouble than it's worth even as a DIY.

One solution is just to get a decent portable blue tooth speaker for when you are outside. Then if you wanted you can take it on picnics or to the pool and other places you like to go and want music. The issue here is what kind of range you would have with your TV and portable speakers. It's not impossible. Also you may need a Bluetooth Transmitter for your TV.

You can also set up wireless speakers systems but you have to have good internet speed for that and a good wifi router.

I have a portable bluetooth speaker, I want something more "permanent". Our apartment is only 600 sq ft and after our new house is built it will be our "mancave" where we can watch away Chiefs games, so we really only need a couple speakers inside but also want 2 speakers outside that will be linked to the ones inside so when we're BBQing we don't miss any of the game. Or we can listen to music inside and out either through Pandora on the TV or bluetooth on our phones. We have a good wifi and good internet so that's not a problem, I'm just having difficulty finding speakers that work both inside AND outside!
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    LOL @ our "mancave"
  • InspectorRed
    Options
    LOL @ our "mancave"

I was going to say "playroom" but that could be taken the wrong way! :o