Ugh

Options
So, I’m over a few weeks into my diet and I’m not as strong as I would like to be. I started off good, loosing some weight and then went out of town and one cheat meal turned into a cheat week and now I’m heavier then when I started. I’m embarrassed and at my heaviest now. Guess I’m starting again and I wish I knew how to love this weight loss journey when it seems impossible right now.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    The days where I go over my goal, I log them. One thing I've learned is that (like you) I'm going to go over sometimes. What I also learned is to not let that become weeks of "over."

Going forward, my suggestion is to log those over days. Be honest and accountable to yourself. It helps me a lot to have records of the food I've eaten. I know I have to do that in order to get back on track.

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    I took a look at your food diary...

I'm not gonna be judgey about the food, because you've admitted that you are struggling.

But.

Try to eat a more balanced mix of food. Have some whole fruit, nuts, dairy, eggs, meat, Vegetables, whole grains.

I have a very hard time staying on track when I eat too many sweets and not enough regular food. Not only do they cause me to want to eat more of them, but without decent nutrition I'm always eating - trying to fill a void that never gets filled if I'm not hitting nutrition goals/needs.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Are you cutting out all your favorite foods while you’re “dieting”?

I do a lot better sticking to my calorie goal if I allow myself some chocolate or ice cream every day, weighed out and logged.
  • auburngirl06
    auburngirl06 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Agree with above. I log my days when I go over. Even if I it’s 1000 calories over. It makes me think about each thing I ate. I am able to look at it and most of the time I don’t want to have to do it again so it gets me back on track the next day.

Try not to be so hard on yourself. We’ve all had plenty of days and weeks just like you. Don’t think about the past weeks just start again today and think about the future. Just keep going. You can do it!
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    You food diary needs some serious tough love. :(
  • rockyhi512
    rockyhi512 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Avoid the all or none attitude. I know its hard when you are away from a controlled enviroment. If you had a bad day remember tomorrow is a new day. Give yourself food that you do enjoy just smaller portions. Good luck
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    part of the journey (and the hardest for me) is dealing with eating out and being away from my very controlled home and work environment. it's a learning process.

you can definitely eat whatever you want and lose weight if you remain at a calorie deficit but you may feel more full and more able to battle outings if had a more varied eating plan. not to say ditch the foods you enjoy totally but maybe cut some cola calories to include some fruit and vegetables. And get sufficient protein.