Can anyone help with cooking chicken breasts (without the oven)

Options
2»

Replies

• thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    for whole chicken breasts (boneless, skinless), i do 350 for about 7 minutes per side. but i use a meat thermometer just to make sure.
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe for cooking chicken breasts in a pressure cooker on Pinterest a while ago that I use a lot. It's not fancy, but seems to make pretty juice chicken breasts every time (it is a little plain, though). The original post is https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes/pressure-cooker-chicken-breast-recipe-shredded-chicken/ if you want to check it out (the author includes some info about cooking frozen breast as well).

Basically, it's plain chicken breast, italian seasoning (I just spinkle it on), salt and pepper, and 1 cup chicken broth. She says to use 1 cup, regardless of how many pounds of chicken you're cooking. I usually put the chicken in, sprinkle with seasoning, then add the broth around the edges. Set the timer for:
    1 lb -- 4 minutes
    2 lbs -- 5 minutes
    3 lbs -- 6 minutes
    4 lbs -- 8 minutes
    5 lbs -- 10 minutes.

(The post recommends no more than 5 lbs. I've had some packages that were a little more, so I just added a minute or 2.) The key, the author says, is to let the pressure release naturally for at least 5 minutes, but preferably as long as possible.
  • RoxanneHull2
    RoxanneHull2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I cook them 3 at a time in my instant pot. They can be completely frozen and after 20min with some chicken broth, they just fall apart. Then I have shredded chicken for whatever I want.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Crockpot!