10 day booze free and low carb IF 16:8

Options
Haven’t gone this many days in 4 years. I was determined and luckily did not experience severe physical side effects. Just the usual irritability, grumpiness about life/people and of course cravings. Proud of my determination and smart choices this week. This included a double birthday celebration at work with pie and cake which I avoided and a going away party with beer and pizza. (I’m also avoiding processed sugar and carbs)

Also, just spent the weekend in wine country and DID NOT DRINK!! Amazed with myself.

I have been drinking a bottle of wine (often more, especially weekends) every night for the past few years. I was sober/dry for 6 years previously so I know I’m an alcoholic. However I’m a high functioning alcoholic. During the past few years I have advanced my career and position titles, nearly doubled my salary, and been in a long term relationship. However it brought a lot of stress which I have coped with using booze and food.

I want to lose weight and feel better about my body. All the other positives will be great too. But to be very honest, my main motivation is to not look like a heifer anymore. All that wine and snacking added a ton of calories.

Anyhow thought I’d post for the first time because I haven’t yet seen someone express similar situation or story.

Replies

• Moonstone1612
    Moonstone1612 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well done to you!

Me -I’m a person who can go days or weeks without a drink, but then equally can drink nightly or go through intermittent binge phases.
    I started putting a cross next to calendar days when I had a drink and a tick when I didn’t, in 2018. At the end of the year it wasn’t a pretty picture! So I did the same recording this year and it’s a lot better on the ticks 😊.

I still have low periods, give in and give up and hate myself in the morning,I think I have a self-destruct button and it’s like punishing myself but not sure why I actually do.🤔. Self esteem, self loathing, not worthy, work-life, home life, etc all play a part but it’s better than it was so I’m seeing that as a bonus.

I had also reached heifer stage so I signed up with a gym doing weight loss and food plans the middle of last year but retained the drinking habits. I did dry - January to kick start me on the right path, I’ve gone off track a few times but I reckon I’m a work in progress and at least I haven’t given up completely.

I wish you well and thanks for sharing your story.