Options
    AquaMeow wrote: »
    nooboots wrote: »
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Hey everyone so I found out the helpful solution for cheat meals (not cheat days). And I decided to schedule mine every 10 to 12 days leading to only have a cheat meal twice or three times a month.

This may help with my over indulgent weekend of bad food and then me eating great 5 days (or 4) days a week.

Eating healthier for longer extended periods no matter how boring the food is or bland but it will be beneficial.

You do know that eating healthily doesn't have to be boring or bland, don't you?

If by 'eating healthier' you mean the highly restrictive list of nutritionally inadequate foods you listed in one of your other threads, then I strongly recommend you rethink completely. 'Healthy' means a balance of all nutrients in moderation, including fat. 'Healthy' means psychologically healthy, as well as physically healthy, and frankly trying to live on only vegetables, fruits, and a few low-fat protein sources is neither.

I have alot of allergies especially towards fruits and vegetables and not to mention grains and lentils too making it harder for me. And I cant eat nuts and other stuff. So my list is very strict. But if course I'm not allergic to junk food - go figure lol

What foods do you think of as 'junk'? And if allergies make your diet restrictive to start off with, why would you restrict it further by cutting out foods unnecessarily?

(And how come you're allergic to grains but not to pizza?)

Because pizza is processed grains. Processed foods dont affect me like natural foods do. Which I'm working on with my allergy doctor on foods I can and should eat and ones to stay away from.

Thats quite unusual.

Some people have problems with fiber, so it's possible, but what I don't understand is why limit an already limited diet even more?

Like I said, allergies. If you have other foods I should incorporate in my diet please tell me. That would be great cause I know I'm pretty limited but I would like to be more open with healthier options.

Well, how about starting with some of the foods you describe as 'junk'?

You still haven't explained which foods you think are not 'healthy', or why you insist on limiting yourself to options you think of as 'bland'. Is butter off limits? Delicious cheese? Oil for frying and roasting? Salt, pepper, mustard, spices...?
  • AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Eat it. Log it. Own it. 😌

Best comment ever. And it's working so far too. I lost 3 pounds so far. I do a cheat meal every 10 days(so next week Thursday).

On my non workout days I make sure to stay in my calorie deficit too.
  • AquaMeow
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Hey everyone so I found out the helpful solution for cheat meals (not cheat days). And I decided to schedule mine every 10 to 12 days leading to only have a cheat meal twice or three times a month.

This may help with my over indulgent weekend of bad food and then me eating great 5 days (or 4) days a week.

Eating healthier for longer extended periods no matter how boring the food is or bland but it will be beneficial.

Until you rid yourself of this extreme mindset: Healthy foods are bland or boring, cheat days are for bad foods, only a large volume of the calorie dense foods will suffice, etc then I predict you are going to have long term struggles with achieving and maintaining a healthy weight as well as a healthy mindset about food.

Yup your right, I'm working on that too :)
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Have you started using a food scale? How is that going for you?
  • Neightyre29
    Neightyre29 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm actually finding that I don't even want cheat days - in past years efforts I'd be looking at that takeaway cheat day with hope. These days it's just whether or not I feel like it. Since eating heathier I feel a significant change in me when I eat junk food or drink too much alcohol. I still do both but maybe once a month compared to once a week (or 3-4x a week at my worst!). I'd be eating three whole sleeves of jaffacakes in one day!!!!
  • AquaMeow
    Options
    I'm actually finding that I don't even want cheat days - in past years efforts I'd be looking at that takeaway cheat day with hope. These days it's just whether or not I feel like it. Since eating heathier I feel a significant change in me when I eat junk food or drink too much alcohol. I still do both but maybe once a month compared to once a week (or 3-4x a week at my worst!). I'd be eating three whole sleeves of jaffacakes in one day!!!!

Hmmm interesting. It's good to build a tolerance to not have a taste for junk food. And have a taste for healthier options instead.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

Healthy eating doesn't have to be bland and boring...if it is, you're definitely doing it wrong. Making food flavorful doesn't make it unhealthy.

I don't really "cheat" on anything. My diet overall is pretty nutritionally solid, but I still eat things like pizza (most Friday nights), go out for pub grub when I feel like it, etc. I don't considering it cheating and it certainly doesn't magically erase all of my other nutrition I'm getting.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Thank you kind sir. Her and the other person I forget their name have been non stop agitating me since I got here. I put them under the ignore list so I can't see what they write anymore :smile:

The only way you're going to know for sure how many calories you're eating, is to use a food scale. If you find at some point that you're not losing weight and you're convinced you should be, I'd definitely encourage you to start using one to double check your numbers. Incorrect logging really is the source of so many similar issues, it's why people go on about it so much. :) (I know, we sound like a broken record... but it really does help.)
  • AquaMeow
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    Thank you kind sir. Her and the other person I forget their name have been non stop agitating me since I got here. I put them under the ignore list so I can't see what they write anymore :smile:

The only way you're going to know for sure how many calories you're eating, is to use a food scale. If you find at some point that you're not losing weight and you're convinced you should be, I'd definitely encourage you to start using one to double check your numbers. Incorrect logging really is the source of so many similar issues, it's why people go on about it so much. :) (I know, we sound like a broken record... but it really does help.)

Yeah I know. Duly noted thx.
  • AquaMeow
    Options
    1,240 is my daily calorie goal - and the diary helps alot. I never thought I would stick with it but it helps!