Macros??

Hi, do you have to track macros? Or is it only the calories i eat 1,300 a day and i eat everything I want. My MFP says sometimes that ive eaten more carbs or sugar does it matter? As im in a calorie defecit anyway and never go over 1300 cals thanks.

Replies

• mellyw78
    mellyw78 Posts: 14 Member
    If it's not important to you, don't sweat the notifications. It's helpful if you do use the function.
  • alung2k3
    alung2k3 Posts: 81 Member
    Purely for weight loss it's calories that will matter.

For general nutrition and feeling fuller off certain food, then it becomes useful.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited June 2019
    not for weight loss no.

for overall health and nutrition you do want to get enough protein most days and enough fat most days. but strictly for weight loss it doesn't matter.

will also not ethat is 1300 was provided as a goal by MFP that was WITHOUT exercise so you actually should eat back a reasonable portion of all exercise calories you work up.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    You’ll lose weight as long as you are consistently in a calorie deficit. You don’t need to worry about carbs or sugar unless your doctor has specifically told you to restrict those things in order to treat a medical condition.