The most Unpleasant thing to experience While Working Out...

Options

Replies

• tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    The dude spotting me was "free balling" it and wearing loose shorts.

Another time, in the locker room, this dude didn't want to step on the floor so he kept walking on the benches, drying off and getting changed up there. His jumblies were right at eye level and I swear I was going to hit it if it got any closer to me. His locker was next to mine. I could just swing the locker door open real quick and make it look like a tragic accident. If you're afraid of athlete's foot, where some slippers!!!
  • griffith5150
    Options
    This while lifting would be just terrible!!

tumblr_mr9t43GOFo1rnyeudo1_500.jpg

Love this... and it fits... because I was on a treadmill and my stomach decided to go I am not happy with you.... oh man worse possible feeling to have :sad:
  • BeverlyHillsCop
    BeverlyHillsCop Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Witnessing a bloated meathead get super homophobic when asked to spot another man during his bench press. A confrontation ensued before said homophobic man grew angry and chucked a 20 pound weight across the gym.

Glad I was only watching from afar. Yikes.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I was doing jumping jacks 1 time, when all of a sudden a bit of pee came out, aaaaaaa!!!!

In front of my trainer and wearing grey pants, ha!!

THE HORROR! Here's a cute gif to erase the memory!

tumblr_mrkr315ABN1sdxxcho1_400.gif
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I was doing jumping jacks 1 time, when all of a sudden a bit of pee came out, aaaaaaa!!!!

In front of my trainer and wearing grey pants, ha!!

That actually happens a lot to some women I know when they are doing any exercise that has them jumping like doing jump rope etc etc

Truth. I don't do any kind of jumping exercises for this very reason.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Someone else farting!!! LMAO..................too funny.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    The commencement of shark week sans warning :huh:

O wait...that's just my irrational FEAR :embarassed:

Nevermind. :smokin: :smokin:
  • klovold1983
    klovold1983 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    jerking your earbuds out accidentally while in mid bench-press.

wireless brah, it's 2013
    Please tell me where you get such technology!!!!

I'm with you! I need this information!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Witnessing a bloated meathead get super homophobic when asked to spot another man during his bench press. A confrontation ensued before said homophobic man grew angry and chucked a 20 pound weight across the gym.

Glad I was only watching from afar. Yikes.
    Sounds like aq loser to me! I can;t spot because i always make faces at the person lifting, just my nature, LMAO
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I've had the pee thing happen, only at home though! lol

This is totally embarrassing, and I have no idea how long its been happening seeing as I just started working out in front of mirrors (weights area). My nips seem to get totally hard when I start working out. I noticed it. So the next time I came to the gym I wore two sports bras. Still showed. :X The only thing that works for me is this one bra I have that isn't even a sports bra, its just doesn't have an underwire.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I bit the pavement and injured my ankle 3+ miles from home on a run last summer and couldn't get a hold of anyone to come pick me up. That was pretty unpleasant.

For gym smells: Get a bottle of peppermint oil and put a tiny dab under your nose before working out and you won't smell anything. A pro-tip from an MFP nurse friend.

For earphones jerking out- run the headphone line under your shirt and through the neck.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Wearing a thong while doing squats and deads.

I think this deserves more attention...

It may not be comfy for you, but I'm trying to picture the view and dammit...it's amazing.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options

wireless brah, it's 2013

I ride my hoverboard to the general store, of course.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    sharting on legpress
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    The guy who spots at bench press, and he's wearing REALLY loose shorts w/o undies. I mean really?
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    10.gif

11.gif
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Wearing a thong while doing squats and deads.

I think this deserves more attention...

It may not be comfy for you, but I'm trying to picture the view and dammit...it's amazing.

I always wear a thong- squatting, deadlifting, running...everything. IMO if it fits right it shouldn't be a problem.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

wireless brah, it's 2013
    I was just thinking that. wireless earbuds? tell me more.

Bluetooth.

I use my phone to play pandora through my headset.
  • grambefit
    Options
    Some fool leaving the treadmill running on high and seeing a nearsighted elderly man step on it and thrown off before we could stop him!!!

Talkative neighbors who expect a panting me to actually respond to their many questions/comments.

People who refuse to leave their cell phones in their lockers and force me to listen to their conversations while I'm in the middle of a cardio workout.

Hostile stares from someone who is the poster boy/girl for fitness while my fat self is doing her darnedest to get fit. Hey, at least I'm trying!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I hate when the bros congratulate me for a new PR on the bench....

group-hug.jpg