Looking for motivated friends to encourage me!

Hi, I’m Cheyenne. I’m only seventeen, but I’ve struggled with my weight my entire life, literally since birth. By the age of sixteen, I have experienced being underweight, overweight, and obese. This is due to all of my conditions (PCOS, hypothyroidism, Hashimoto’s disease, just to name a few) working against my body. This has created severe body image issues for myself, and it even sent me into a depression this past semester in school when I gained 40 lbs within 4 months. As a rising senior, I’m looking to try to manage all my issues, including my weight, so that I can enjoy my last year here at home. I get easily unmotivated when I don’t see instant results, so I’m hoping someone out here can help me. Thanks!

Replies

• nickdavis888
    nickdavis888 Posts: 21 Member
    Well keep at it girl! We are all on this fitness journey together, any step forward is a good one!!
  • allisonc1212
    allisonc1212 Posts: 1 Member
    Cheyenne you’re so young this is the perfect time to begin establishing good eating habits that will last a lifetime. But high school is also a very stressful time and having your health issues cannot be easy. Just know there are people rooting for you and wishing you the best. You are obviously a strong person to be going through so much. Stay focused and positive. Hopefully your dr is giving you advice on nutrition and you have family support. One day at a time is my best advice.
  • esy10401
    esy10401 Posts: 10 Member
    You can do it Cheyenne! One day at a time. :)
  • bellashley3
    bellashley3 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello Cheyenne,
    I have been in your shoes for most of my life. In high school, I was never healthy. I did band but I starved myself which didn't do any good because I was gorge when I got home. I didn't have a support group that could help me and I just never tried. In 2017, I decided it was time to take my life into my own hands. I joined planet fitness and changed my diet. I lost 60 pounds but in 2018, I gained all that back. Just recently I decided to get back into shape because I work in a job where I need to be ready for anything. I would lose 10 pounds then gain it all right back but I was putting the work in. I went to my doctor and had my thyroid tested. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism along with being anemic and having a vitamin d deficiency. I started to take medication for my thyroid and we will see what happens but I understand how you are feeling. The advice I can give you is celebrate the small victories and don't let the scale discourage you. I weigh myself everyday and trust me, it will not help you. Give yourself a goal every week. I just restarted myfitnesspal and have daily notes of what I need to do. Food is your enemy but you can resist temptation. If you a craving for something sweet, it is okay to indulge it. When you get that craving, make it a reward. I have a monthly reward and it is fruit Popsicles. Just don't forget to record it. Just take it one day at a time and make reasonable goals for yourself. Celebrate your victories!
  • bellashley3
    bellashley3 Posts: 2 Member
    If you need help being accountable, you can shoot me a message anytime on here. We are here with the same goals.
  • kdutts3379
    kdutts3379 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi if you want any encouragement I’m happy to give support. I was a teacher for high school girls for 10 years :) and when I was in high school I had severe eating struggles as well. I probably would not have had the courage to reach out to strangers so you’re very brave to share and being so good to yourself to know to ask for help!
  • becoming_the_best_me
    becoming_the_best_me Posts: 66 Member
    I need motivating friends too!! Anyone feel free to add me
  • Big_goals35
    Big_goals35 Posts: 8 Member
    The great thing about mfp is you will see results. I too have a bad habit of giving up if I don't see results. I started at 260 and am now 180. If you are committed to counting everything you eat, it will happen for you girl! Best of luck to you. Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • hannahfrey
    hannahfrey Posts: 28 Member
    Hey girly!! I feel like I relate with your story a lot! I’m 25 and have PCOS among a few other things and I can’t remember a time that I wasn’t battling with my weight. MFP has really helped keep me accountable! Please feel free to add me if you need a friend 💓 I’ll support you! Best of luck!