Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I'm back!

At my last visit, my doctor mentioned the possibilty of looking into bariatric surgery. I looked into insurance options, and none of the plans available to me will cover it. So, I'm going to have to lose the 155 lbs the old fashioned way. I don't really want surgery, but desperately want and need to lose weight. So here I go!

Replies

• marezac6815
    marezac6815 Posts: 69 Member
    Welcome!! You can do this!!! We are here to help support you, throughout your journey... Slow and Steady wins the race, Don't get discouraged... I send you a friend request, we can support each other....
  • jenniferm20
    jenniferm20 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi, thanks! I didn't get the request. Can you try again. :)
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    You don't want to be my MFP friend because I am terrible at it but I know you can do this and without surgery. I have already lost so much weight (over 150 pounds and counting) that people just assume I have had surgery but nope. I did it by finally understanding all my past failures and making a plan that worked for me... and obviously using MFP.