Sports bra recommendation

Help! Saggy boobs from breastfeeding 3 kids and a 40lb weight loss. It's like they just keep oozing out of any kind of bra that doesn't have underwires and even then bending over makes them fall out. Budget is also an issue. Any ideas if there are sports bras that address this stuff so I could run without flopping everywhere?

Replies

• sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Have you tried high neck sports bras? I have to be careful they fit the side-boob as well, but once I started buying the high neck ones my life changed. I have gotten some at Victoria's secret, TJ Maxx, Fabletics and target.
  • alondrakar
    alondrakar Posts: 67 Member
    I have similar issues and have sports bras from various place. My problem, I believe, is more so due to buying the wrong size. I'm a medium in everything and it never occurred that I might just be a large in sports bras.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    It sounds like it might be a sizing issue. Look for something in a band and cup size. You might need a smaller band, larger cup.
  • scarnegie576
    scarnegie576 Posts: 1 Member
    Try the enlite bra from lululemon. It is expensive but it is an investment that will change your life.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    This is the best resource I've found for figuring out bras that work for specific body shapes: https://www.reddit.com/r/abrathatfits/wiki/beginners_guide
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    The ma is bra by Brooks It has underwire, fits well and has an overlay that goes over the bra high up your chest so no bending spillage.
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Moving Comfort is the best sports bra I've ever had.
  • LyndaOO1
    LyndaOO1 Posts: 3 Member
    I can totally relate, I lost 65lbs and they’re basically deflated. I recommend the VS i Incredible Knockout Ultra Max sports bra. It’ll last you a long time
  • cinnygirl38
    cinnygirl38 Posts: 42 Member
    I have the same issue. Ive done the super expensive bras. No more. I love these. They are perfect. SYROKAN Women's High Impact... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MGR17P5?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Sports bras have always left me with one ginormous uniboob. 😬
  • Carmen_TX
    Carmen_TX Posts: 39 Member
    adotbaby wrote: »
    Moving Comfort is the best sports bra I've ever had.
    Moving Comfort brand is called Brooks now. This is also the best sports bra I’ve found in anything close to an affordable price range. I pay 40-50 I think, for the one I like. The Maia or Juno Brooks bras would probably be a good choice for you.
  • hist_doc
    hist_doc Posts: 206 Member
    Try the enlite bra from lululemon. It is expensive but it is an investment that will change your life.

I agree--I did find this bra to be awesome for three wears--until it literally fell apart. I hadn't even washed it. I was fitted in store and bought size 32D. Other users have reported the same malfunction. I think it all depends on whether or not you get a good one or not.

Lululemon refused to refund me because I had worn their (defective) product and I spent $98 on a useless item.
  • hist_doc
    hist_doc Posts: 206 Member
    I just started wearing New Balance the Shockingly Unshocking Bra. I used to wear Panache (with the underwire) but since I've gotten smaller (after nursing my second child) I can wear more mainstream sizes. I purchased on Amazon and it's pretty affordable. The shoulder straps are adjustable.

I also like Enell high impact for marathon training but that's because I need serious support for super long runs. While much more expensive, there is no underwire and the girls aren't going anywhere while wearing that bra if you get my drift.
  • Idratherberunning2017
    Idratherberunning2017 Posts: 20 Member
    Nike Alpha. Tho I am uncertain they still sell them. They are high impact, I boarded my local supply since they can be difficulty to find.
  • Idratherberunning2017
    Idratherberunning2017 Posts: 20 Member
    https://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/nike-pro-alpha-racerback-sports-bra/4583923

Hoarded, sorry can’t figure out how to edit the post. These are by far the best.
  • karinkane2
    karinkane2 Posts: 6 Member
    Enell. I'm a mom of 2, long distance runner, and a DDD cup. It's the only bra that works for me, and I've tried a lot of them.
    Measure yourself or get help with the measurements and buy the right size, and be prepared to spend some time getting into it every time you wear it. They're not cheap, but they do last a while with proper care. It is a serious bra, and covers most of your back as well as your front, so you won't have any spillage issues.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited July 2019
    hist_doc wrote: »
    I just started wearing New Balance the Shockingly Unshocking Bra. I used to wear Panache (with the underwire) but since I've gotten smaller (after nursing my second child) I can wear more mainstream sizes. I purchased on Amazon and it's pretty affordable. The shoulder straps are adjustable.

I also like Enell high impact for marathon training but that's because I need serious support for super long runs. While much more expensive, there is no underwire and the girls aren't going anywhere while wearing that bra if you get my drift.

I wear Panache, I currently have the unwired one but I've had both.

I just bought one out of the clearance bin at Dillards in a mainstream size. A 32DDD. If I were to wear a mainstream bra size it'd be a 30G (US), so not quite mainstream sizes (one cup size smaller!!) But for a sports bra it is just perfect.

OP, you need bra-sized underwire sports bras.
  • rileycat1971
    rileycat1971 Posts: 8 Member
    I swear by the Victoria's Secret Knockout sports bras. The cups hook together in the front and there is an overlay piece that zips snugly over the cups. Double protection. I started at a 38DD and just bought two new ones at 36D. Progress!
  • annshandle
    annshandle Posts: 68 Member
    Also check Title Nine, they have a great range of sports bras. I personally love the Juno bra.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Ultimate sports bra from Shefit.com. They are expensive but well worth the money. I've never had a better sports bra. I can do high intensity exercise and everything stays in place.

They size 1Luxe, 2Luxe, 3Luxe, etc, so you may have to message them with your measurements to know which size to get or if you have other questions for them.