Can someone help me measure a curry?

Options
nooboots
nooboots Posts: 480 Member
Ive just ordered sag paneer, tarka dhal and a starter which is a chicken tikka wrap, slices of chicken tikka wrapped in a nan.

It wont be here for ages, over an hour to deliver for gods sake. Hope I dont raid the cupboard so I dont know what it looks like yet.

Any ideas?

Replies

• nooboots
    Options
    Well just to update on this, the starter was a mistake as it was a massive naan, not a small version as I thought. I had 175g of the sag paneer and then 200g of the tarka dhal. The wrap weighed 400g
  • wifeoferp
    wifeoferp Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I would suggest finding a recipe for each of those dishes online and entering them into MFP. But since they’re from a restaurant and you’re not cooking them yourself, I would probably add a couple hundred calories to whatever number the recipe spits out for calories.
  • nooboots
    Options
    Well so far Ive put it at around 1700 calories using generic 'takeaway' guides. Thats put me over my goal today and actually as I have a bit of a cold, I couldnt even really enjoy it properly. What a waste of calories. Bit annoyed.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I usually just log something like 1500 if I go out for curry and have naan too.

Wasting calories on something you don't even get to appreciate is frustrating, but think of it as a learning experience.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    nooboots wrote: »
    Well so far Ive put it at around 1700 calories using generic 'takeaway' guides. Thats put me over my goal today and actually as I have a bit of a cold, I couldnt even really enjoy it properly. What a waste of calories. Bit annoyed.

When I'm sick I have spicy Asian soup. Lowish calories, and helps my sinuses and throat.