Day 1 fear food challenge - post your food!

Mine was ketchup

Replies

• GREAT JOB TRYING A FEAR FOOD! : )
  • Wag1one
    Wag1one Posts: 46
    :flowerforyou:
  • thiswillbeit
    thiswillbeit Posts: 23 Member
    Ain't it daft to fear food?

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but going ahead in spite of the fear" :flowerforyou:
    I don't think I'd describe my anorexia as daft , but I do agree its not a good thing , that's why I'm trying to overcome them
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Today was my "I hate ED" day and I just went with what I wanted...faced Kix in morning, oatmeal and cherry tomatoes at lunch, bagel with red pepper jelly at snakc, and doing a barley soup and salmon at dinner...there was other food too , but those are my fear foods (or as I like to call them freedom foods)
  • Emma_altpeter
    Emma_altpeter Posts: 16 Member
    cereal! I am now incorporating cheerios into my diet! I can eat 6 different things now with out freaking out!! :)
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Good job, facing and trying your fear food! I'm proud of you :)
  • LittleCulturedPearl
    LittleCulturedPearl Posts: 71 Member
    I'm not sure what exactly is a "fear food"; could someone explain? I would love to share my thoughts/experiences if I can.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Today was my "I hate ED" day and I just went with what I wanted...faced Kix in morning, oatmeal and cherry tomatoes at lunch, bagel with red pepper jelly at snakc, and doing a barley soup and salmon at dinner...there was other food too , but those are my fear foods (or as I like to call them freedom foods)

Amazing job!
  • jess1992uga
    I'm not sure what exactly is a "fear food"; could someone explain? I would love to share my thoughts/experiences if I can.

Basically in those with an ED certain foods become not only "bad" foods but foods you literally have anxiety over eating. It is irrational but there is a thought that eating this food will cause a dramatic increase in weight or cause one to balloon. So it is literally a food you are scared to eat, so eating it, sitting with the feelings, and not partaking in any activities to counter the intake (purge, laxative, exercise, etc) is a huge victory. It is only way to get over the fear.
  • jess1992uga
    I choose to call them freedom foods and here are mine from this week and tonight (my 21st b-day) of my 1st cake slice EVER from a restaraunt. But for now....

1stb-fastdhallaug24_zps760e5b01.jpg

Facing steel cut oats, pecans, and juice. Also 1st ever b-fast in dining hall

eggwhiteAug23_zps9ab8a72d.jpg

First ever egg white omelette in my whole life and I had no control cooking it. In it was chicken, spinach, mushrooms, and peppers. Also faced fear of grits and carrots!

cornandrollAug22_zpse7695ed5.jpg

Facing fear of mahi-mahi, roll, and corn on cobb.

beansandsp_zps8825afc5.jpg

Facing fear of cod I couldn't use food scale on, sweet poatoe as only 1 starch, black beans, and tomatoe.

tilapiaaug20_zpsd19eb660.jpg

Fear of tilapia and bell peppers

Proudmeal_zps1e95902e.jpg

Fear of apple, bell peppers, and some PB & Co Spicy Peanut Butter (aka has cayenne pepper)

cupcakextranochange_zps679fd4d1.jpg

And last but not least had to eat this double chocolate vegan cupcake and not count it as anything..just extra for the day..and guess what..my weight didn't budge!