Need help getting started with mena prep

Options
Hi I’m jumping back into this and think the easiest way is with meal prep. Full time working mom of 5 so need quick ideas mostly for breakfast and lunch. Thanks for any ideas guys!

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You don’t need a meal plan, eat what you normally eat everyday but eat less of it. That will make losing weight less complicated for you and your family.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I love doing my meal prep...well not the actual prepping but I love having food ready for eating.

For breakfast I sometimes will do an egg/spinach/bacon crustless quiche...it will last me for most of the week. I also cook bacon/eggs with roasted vegetables ahead of time(great way to use up leftover veggies). I also cook up some type of taco filling and keep on hand that I can use for either breakfast or lunch(taco shells or tortillas)...sometimes if I have nothing cooked for dinner I will eat it then.

I usually double my recipes so that I have something on hand. If I run out of prepped food is when I am most likely to start just stuffing things in my mouth. Doubling of recipes for extra portions take very little additional time.

Breakfast burritos would be good to keep on hand and kept in the freezer also.

I have found that meal prepping and planning has been the most valuable tool that I have added to my life. Having food pre-prepped and cooked has made it easier to control my eating and improved my overall diet. I eat a lot healthier now than I ever have before.