Diabetic health

Options
I need help/advice. I'm trying to lower my sugar levels naturally in addition to the insulin therapy I'm on. Which means strength training and aerobic exercises. I'm a huge fan of walking--I walk about 3 miles a day during the week. However, it is stupid hot out there now and I find that I'm inactive once I return from my walk. Does any one have any at home exercises they like to do? Or any way to motivate yourself to move every hour? I do arm exercises (trying to work on triceps) with 1 pound weights (about all I can do right now). I've been known to dance to the music I constantly have on, especially if I'm picking up clutter or trying to clean the kitchen/bathroom. I know some basic yoga. (maybe my issue is just getting motivated as I seem to know more than enough to keep me busy!) thanks in advance

Replies

• Erinsco
    Erinsco Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit--I'm trying to make 11000 steps now. It just feels like I'm doing as much as I can as often as I can and my numbers are still in the mid 200s. Forgot about marching in place and step touching. Thanks.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Go to youtube and type in something similar to "walk for exercise". Many videos by several instructors will come up ranging from 10 minutes to over an hour in duration. Leslie Sansone's "Walk Away the Pounds" is the most known but there are many others. You can add as much "omph" / effort as you like and a get a pretty decent cardio/aerobic workout.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba videos when I want to work out at home.

Yoga by Adrienne is a YouTube channel with many different workouts.
  • Erinsco
    Options
    my walking partner has been telling me about Zumba but I don't really know what it is.
  • wsusan162
    wsusan162 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Zumba is a dancing type workout usually with latin beats, or latin influenced music. It's fun!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Erinsco wrote: »
    my walking partner has been telling me about Zumba but I don't really know what it is.

Jazzercise with pop, mostly Latin, music.
  • Skinimalink
    Skinimalink Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I know it's not what you asked but I've found a keto diet great for regulating my glucose.
  • Erinsco
    Options
    My friend has also had good luck with that diet.