Drinking alcohol and hangovers

Options
Does anyone else find it hard to eat well after a night on the drink??? The next day for me I just want to eat carbs and have a munch 🙈🤦🏽‍♀️🙄 anybody got some good hangover remedies that will prevent me from binging on naughty food??? Because every time I have a drink I feel guilty because I eat badly the next day 👎🏻 any advice would be great 😘😘😘😘😘

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's going to be hard, so what MikePTY said.

Often the issue with hangover is dehydration, so you could try having some fruit around, going for the fruit. It's carbs and also high in water content, and lots of nice micronutrients. Whatever you eat, log it, as that should help you moderate.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I know what you mean 💯👍🏻 I don’t drink often (once every 6-8weeks) but when I do, I tend to not eat much that day to save calories for my drink (I know not such a smart move) but the next day I drink loads of water but cravvvve naughty food 🙈🙈🙈i have about 6/7 glasses (doubles) of bourbon whiskey and maybe one or two kopperbergs to start the night and that’s it l!
    Alcohol is the DEVIL 🤣🤣🤣🤣

i wonder if part of the issue is the fact you are not eating much/well the day you plan to drink,

if i undereat one day may be "ok" that day but the next day or the one after that I will have a MUCH harder time sticking to my plan. I mean sure you have the booze calories but they don't really help satiety overall.

Adding to that drinking without much food in your stomach will potentially make the impact on your system worse (of the alcohol)
  • TJ_in_MA
    TJ_in_MA Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ya I want to eat while I'm drinking, after I'm drinking, and the next day for sure. Worst part though is working out the next day. What a struggle. It's a battle. Yep.
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    Only have 2 drinks.
    Drinking along with late night pizzas is one reason why I am on this site. Its not good!

One shot of whiskey is about 100 calories. 6 to 7 doubles is 1200 to 1400 calories.

yeah man that's what got me here. i don't struggle with food like most, my calories came from booze. 14 beers a night adds up.
  • sefajane1
    sefajane1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I can't drink as much now (since losing weight) as I used to without feeling like shite the next day. I'm ok if I stick to lager or wine but vodka is definitely rationed now if I don't want the hangover munchies the next day.
    On the plus side though, on the occasions where I do overdo it, I get a good dose of "boozer's bowel" the next day 😂
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I tend to do a single gin + diet tonic. I'll have two, then a soft drink or water for the third drink. Maybe one or two more after that if it's a very long evening and I've also eaten. I've personally never gotten a hangover from just g&ts. It's things like wine that really get to me.

Like others have said, clearly undereating the day of drinking, then drinking a bunch (6/7 doubles + a couple of ciders is a lot IMO), means obviously you'll be craving more food the next day. Eat better the day of drinking, drink less, and have some good nutrient dense food the next day.

I'm reaching the stage where I don't really like drinking anymore, and would frankly rather eat 300 calories of actual food than have one sugary cocktail.