Husband's need censors

I understand. I am hypoglycemic so I cant starve myself..or I would😭 My husband loves everything about me, except for my looks. He is seriously not attracted to me. It used to hurt so badly. In fact, last year I had used his criticism to get down to 189 from 260. Then, I went through a knee surgery, and became depressed as weight came back. Thursday, I asked him to be honest, why isn't he attracted to me. (Yes, I asked for the judgement, but being ignored sucks worse than a hurt feeling) he said, "I told u before, I don't like your kangaroo pouch, and you were getting better, but you seem to have let yourself go" I honestly didn't. Ever since my surgery, my knee gives me problems, but I decided I don't care. I showed him once before and I'll do it again. Then, he can be the ugly one between us. Lol.

Replies

• ASchmeidler1981
    ASchmeidler1981 Posts: 33 Member
    I would love an alibi :)
  • ASchmeidler1981
    :D That's funny

• ASchmeidler1981
    I don't blame anyone. It is merely my motivation, because I truly am beautiful. I can hurt him the best by turning heads😝
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    If you need an alibi, let me know ;):D

I'm sorry you are dealing with this.. you seem to be taking it well.. I would have been terribly hurt, crushed in this situation..

Hugs 🤗
    Psst, the alibi offer is still there ;)

Make that two alibis. His behavior is unacceptable. I can't imagine what that would do to my self esteem, if he was my life partner. Anyhoo...

We are here to support you through the process. Through the celebrations and the frustrations. Through the water weight and the whooshes. 😊
  • ASchmeidler1981
    No, I do get that "getting even" isn't right, but as I said in an earlier post, it is about more than just him. This was just a trigger. This is about a life long battle with how I see myself.
  • ASchmeidler1981
    When I got fitter than my ex the first time it was, you look like a cancer patient. Then I got hurt and put some weight back on during recovery. She had bypass surgery she gets thinner, she has an affair and leaves. I used lots of anger to set running PR's so I understand where you are coming from. I used it as fuel for quite a while till I decided I need to change for me, and only me. To be what I want, not so anyone notices me, just to be happy being me.

Thank you, yes this is exactly what I am trying to say. It is great fuel when you really don't feel like doing anything. The benefits: I am out swimming with my children, playing Just Dance, getting up when I am depressed instead of sinking into my bed and melting away. I do not justify not condone his words or actions, they hurt. At the end of the day, he is responsible for him, and I am responsible for me. Truly, I know losing weight won't help with him, but it will help with how I see myself. I believe words have no power unless you allow them to. He is a butthead, but his words only have power because I already see myself as "fat". If you don't like something change it. I also know rushing into divorce is expensive, hurts my kids, and doesn't actually "fix" the issue which is how I see myself.
  • ASchmeidler1981
    Thank you everyone for letting me vent. I really needed to.😊